• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can I Convert Video Files To Dvd Format?

russ5921

Question

Hello, everyone!

I'm trying to decide between Easy CD & DVD burning and/or Video Copy & Convert. This is a gift for a friend who wants a simple program to take multiple video file formats and pics and burn them to DVD format/disc to be played in any DVD player. In other words, something that converts video files to VOB (the file format you see on DVD movies) and burns them as such.

Any suggestions?

Thanx!

Russ

3 answers to this question

Easy CD & DVD Burning [v14] is a cut-down Creator. It costs $30, and has a number of popular formats disabled. [browse this forum to see what the complaints are about]

Easy Video Copy & Convert 5 costs $30. I haven't been able to get hold of a copy to see what it's cut down from, and which abilities have been surgically removed.

I have the same question. Specifically, will the program (or a newer version) convert mp4 video with audio files to a format that can be burned to a dvd & played on a standard dvd player? One additional question. Will my Win 7/Vista version work on my computer which has Win 8? (Can it be "updated" to work somehow?) I still have an older computer with Win Vista if it won't work with Win 8. Thanks very much for any help.

Davieray,

Most of your question is answered in the other topic where you posted, and there are pictures too :)

The Windows 7/Vista version was version 10.3. If that's the version you have, officially it won't work under Windows 8 although I must 'fess I haven't had the time to try that one out myself.

The current version is version 14, and it is made from Creator 2012 with a wee tweak to fix compatibility with Windows 8.

There's no physical updating this software to the next version, because you're moving from version 10 to version14. You have to buy the next version, although in most cases you can get a discounted price because you have earlier bought a previous version.

Regards,

Brendon