Question

13 answers to this question

Now I understand that the Roxio HD will have an update so we can use it on the PS4, but I'm merely wondering exactly when this update will be?

From where did you get this "news"?

It doesn't work that way :(

The PS4 and similarly the Xbox One have been updated to comply with HDCP coding for copy protection.

NO DEVICE manufactured can break HDCP coding!!!!!!!!!!

So the "fix" has to come from the gaming device, the Xbox or PS4, not from the recording device -_-

Both of these slick manufactures have indicated that it can be turned off to allow recording, but it is a lie!

Actually the PS3 already had this but also had Component output which can never be secured by HDCP. So the PS4 eliminated the Component output.

We are just fellow users on here, and do not have any more information than you . I would suggest you contact Roxio by selecting the Support tab (at the top of this page) and ask them of their plans for PS4.

Sorry if I missed something it's just that the Roxio website said that it supports Xbox One and soon will support PS4

Of course it "supports it" but within the limitations I laid out above! :D

I don't want to burst your bubbles, Jim, but Yoshida declared the PS4 won't have HDCP in the future. Though, it will have it now

Yoshida's Tweet

EDIT: I made a new topic in the "Capture" sub-forum in hopes it gets pinned.

Edited by UghRochester

I don't want to burst your bubbles, Jim, but Yoshida declared the PS4 won't have HDCP in the future. Though, it will have it now

Yoshida's Tweet

EDIT: I made a new topic in the "Capture" sub-forum in hopes it gets pinned.

That tweet was from over 3 months ago. It didn't happen. Pin that.

Yeah, my 'bubble' remains pretty much intact :lol::D:lol:

When you hold up Tweets and Reality... Reality wins every time ;)

What they expected to happen was that Game Writers would include the ability to turn off HDCP within their game to allow THEM to decide if they want you to capture...

Right there it draws a line! ALL discs stamped out before that point will NEVER have that feature!

From now forward, it is up to the manufacture of the disc to make the decision... PlayStation, Xbox, Wii, et al are bound by law or industry agreements, to have HDCP.

It will NEVER be something the End User can control as one of them implied as that would defeat the whole purpose.

How may game manufactures will actually include the HDCP Turn Off Codes??? Just my guess but I don't think it will be very many, as Corporate Paranoia is much, much stronger than you think :D

It didn't say it would happen at launch...

Also, then why would Xbox 360 games be able to output HDMI? You're saying all these companies decided to decline HDCP for Xbox 360?

Edited by UghRochester

It didn't say it would happen at launch...

Also, then why would Xbox 360 games be able to output HDMI? You're saying all these companies decided to decline HDCP for Xbox 360?

It will only happen the way I described. But it will never be some user choice or user controlled function -_-

Xbox 360??? Correct! - HDCP was not present on the Xbox 360, so hdmi capture worked. But then then came out with the Xbox One which does have HDCP ;)

But the PS3 had an option for Component output which cannot support HDCP so it was THE workaround until they removed it when the PS4 came out :(

Keep in mind that both the PS4 and the Xbox One have been out for 2 1/2 months now... Why are they dragging their feet on this 'upgrade'???

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Keep in mind that both the PS4 and the Xbox One have been out for 2 1/2 months now... Why are they dragging their feet on this 'upgrade'???

Because, you can live stream with the PS4 directly to Ustream and Twitch. It works great, but there's only so much what you can do with it. Sony most likely wants people experience this before they update it. I'm sorry for the Xbox One owners, that aren't able to live stream, yet.

I'm replying to set the record straight and this was the first thread that came up when I looked up how to get around the secured connection issue. All you need to do is go into your PS4 system menu and go to "System" near the bottom and turn off "Enable DCHP". Once you turn this off, it will yell at you saying something like "You won't be able to use all applications" but when I turned this off, my HD capture card worked flawlessly.

So, since nobody bothered to fix this, I had to set the record straight.

You're welcome.

I'm replying to set the record straight and this was the first thread that came up when I looked up how to get around the secured connection issue. All you need to do is go into your PS4 system menu and go to "System" near the bottom and turn off "Enable DCHP". Once you turn this off, it will yell at you saying something like "You won't be able to use all applications" but when I turned this off, my HD capture card worked flawlessly.

So, since nobody bothered to fix this, I had to set the record straight.

You're welcome.

Thanks for responding. Probably best to check the dates first though... This one was near the 2 1/2 year old mark when you responded ;)

Still, good to have you on boar and looking forward to more assists -_-