• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

MaximSeninMusic

Videowave Crashes When Output Menu Used

Question

Hello.

I'm using Windows 7. I've the latest VideoWave NXT2. Just upgraded from 2011 version. I had 2009 and older version of videoWave before too.

I created and edited the project, but whenever I try to output it, regardless of output format and resolution I select, after "Render" dialog appears the application crashes: I get the standard Windows "VideoWave has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I remember having the same problem on a different computer with Windows 7 with 2011 version.

Any ideas how to identify and solve the problem?

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

If you really think they is any relation, then the common factor would be your files :huh:

I would try a proper repair first using these steps.

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

There are no new updates to download. Since I upgraded 2 days ago I already have the latest version.

But I found the solution: it doesn't crash if I disable "Roxio AVC SmartEncode" in the Tools menu.