Sign in to follow this  
VideoNoob123

Vhs-Dvd No Sound On Dvd Playback (Tv)

Question

Hi there

I have used Roxio 2012 to create a DVD for DVD PAL Playback.

I selected the option DVD in the movie creator, and then inserted various movie files into my project, with menus.

(files inserted are mpeg2 format which have been captured from VHS)

Once the movie project is burned to DVD-R disk, the movie plays back on one of my DVD players/tv's with sound and all is in order, however if I try to play the disk on my 3 other dvd players / tv's, there is sound for the "menu", but my movie files have no sound at all?

What could be the reason for this?

The dvd player where the sound does play, is connected directly to an old television set, whereas the DVD player where there is no sound is connected to a newer lcd television, which plays its sound through a hi-fi.. could this somehow affect sound playback?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you kindly

Mel

1 answer to this question

What application is the "Movie Creator" Please give us the application's real name. We really need that to give you a real answer.

Use this response as a wild a** guess. If you get more responses, consider them first. When you used "Create DVDs", did you change some of the project settings especially the audio format? See image. One of your players may be able to play the audio format while the other three don't.

post-58-0-96827900-1387546113_thumb.jpg