• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

rosstheboss74

My Own Topic - Split

Question

Please describe with some detail exactly what you are doing especially when trying to create the DVD.

Capturing first to your hard drive and then burning to DVD is the most reliable and recommended way to transfer VHS video to a DVD.

How do you capture to your hard drive first? Dont you need to use the roxio program to capture the video from your VHS tapes. Im not sure how you capture to your hard drive first. If you could explain that would be awesome.

9 answers to this question

Your supposed solution is obviously not a "fix" since you have to do it over and over again.

There is something wrong with your system or setup or how your are proceeding. The program works just fine and I have not come across any bugs.

If you are having problems why don't you tell us about them instead of making a general, unsupported claim.

Program does not run fine, I have returned and have gotten another disc, tried on two different computers I either get the error that it cant write to disc, or it cant even display the video before I can try to record. Something very wrong with program, shouldnt be running into these issues at all, I've have uninstalled and re-installed, have ran the repair funtion, turned off all internet security functions. I cant seem to get anything to work

Could be your Media...

Could be your Burner...

Could be the software, but that would be a distant third laugh.gif

Most of us stick with Verbatim (Singapore Mfg.) & Taiyo Yuden (JVC) as far as media goes wink.gif

You could try shutting off your startup items & AV (outlined here - Prep Steps) then start the install & choose Repair.

Or the software could be a very prominent first, Ive used 3 different brands of DVD's I've tried 2 different PC's, also tried with an external DVD writer, I keep running into cant write to disc after I press record. What is going on? I've done the re-install, also the repair function, turned off internet security. I have seen hundreds of reports from various people running into issues with this software, there is something very wrong, also tried 2 different discs. If anyone says this is a good software they are very fortunate, because I have never had this many issues with software before.

There are 2 VHS to DVD program suites: there is the older "Easy VHS to DVD" and the more recent "Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus". Which do you have?

What goes green? Please explain a bit more what you are doing.

BTW, the recommended process is to first capture the VHS video to your hard drive and then burn the DVD. That separates the capture process from the burn process and seems to be more reliable. It of course also allows you to do some edits to your captured video.

How do you capture the video to your hard drive?, when I press the drop down arrow for the destination drive it only gives the dvd drive. My screen also goes green after I press play on my VHS player. The part of the screen that goes green is where the video playback should occur, im using roxio easy vhs to dvd plus 3. I need some serious help Ive been trying to get this to work off and on all day.

Instead of butting into other peoples Topics, I have combined your editorials into one topic.

You are mistaken trying to blame the software for your issues. If it was working and then quit, there is something wrong with your computer!

If it were software, someone might have noticed by now since it has been out for over 5 years!

Green Preview? more likely an update you applied to your Video Card/Software...

Sometimes we have seen the Programs corrupted by an overzealous AV Software or killed by using Registry Cleaners :o

We need 2 things from you to get you going...

One - PC Info ~ click Start - Run - dxdiag. Save the file and attach it here

Two - perform a more extensive cleanup/install procedure.

The Procedure I recommend follows - Add Nothing - Skip Nothing!!!

Unplug your Roxio Capture USB Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Download and install the
Uninstaller. Then run it in
Moderate Mode
to remove any traces of Roxio.

Create a New User Account with Administrator Privileges.

Turn OFF any A/V & Firewall.

Reboot and log on to that new account.

Copy your entire disc to a new folder on your HDD.

In that new folder, right click on Setup.exe and select Properties.

Under the Compatibility tab, make sure
nothing
is checked!

Right click Setup.exe and select Open.

Allow it to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio not Windows)

Use the Default Locations!
Edited by Jim_Hardin

How do you capture the video to your hard drive?, when I press the drop down arrow for the destination drive it only gives the dvd drive. My screen also goes green after I press play on my VHS player. The part of the screen that goes green is where the video playback should occur, im using roxio easy vhs to dvd plus 3. I need some serious help Ive been trying to get this to work off and on all day.

To capture to your hard drive, you simply select Record,Import, Save from the main menu page. What could be simpler?

There is nothing wrong with the software. It is your system setup or use that is causing your problems

To capture to your hard drive, you simply select Record,Import, Save from the main menu page. What could be simpler?

There is nothing wrong with the software. It is your system setup or use that is causing your problems

The problem is, after I hit record it gives me error, "cant write to disc." And I love how you say how can it be any simpler when there a hundreds of posts from people having all sorts of issues, ya it would be simple if worked how it was supposed to. I shouldn't have to go through 101 different steps and procedures in order to get the software to work. There is a reason you have over 20,000 posts because most people cant get this software to work. Appreciate you getting back to me though,

Instead of butting into other peoples Topics, I have combined your editorials into one topic.

You are mistaken trying to blame the software for your issues. If it was working and then quit, there is something wrong with your computer!

If it were software, someone might have noticed by now since it has been out for over 5 years!

Green Preview? more likely an update you applied to your Video Card/Software...

Sometimes we have seen the Programs corrupted by an overzealous AV Software or killed by using Registry Cleaners :o

We need 2 things from you to get you going...

One - PC Info ~ click Start - Run - dxdiag. Save the file and attach it here

Two - perform a more extensive cleanup/install procedure.

The Procedure I recommend follows - Add Nothing - Skip Nothing!!!

Unplug your Roxio Capture USB Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Download and install the
Uninstaller. Then run it in
Moderate Mode
to remove any traces of Roxio.

Create a New User Account with Administrator Privileges.

Turn OFF any A/V & Firewall.

Reboot and log on to that new account.

Copy your entire disc to a new folder on your HDD.

In that new folder, right click on Setup.exe and select Properties.

Under the Compatibility tab, make sure
nothing
is checked!

Right click Setup.exe and select Open.

Allow it to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio not Windows)

Use the Default Locations!

I appreciate you getting back to me, but I shouldnt have to go through 101 different steps and procedures for it to maybe work. I've lost faith in this software, there are hundreds of post with people having way to many issues, I'm just going to return and try a different software program.

The problem is, after I hit record it gives me error, "cant write to disc." And I love how you say how can it be any simpler when there a hundreds of posts from people having all sorts of issues, ya it would be simple if worked how it was supposed to. I shouldn't have to go through 101 different steps and procedures in order to get the software to work. There is a reason you have over 20,000 posts because most people cant get this software to work. Appreciate you getting back to me though,

Most of those 20,000 posts are because I have to keep asking posters to explain exactly what they are doing. There is no 101 steps required to capture to your hard drive. Most people get this software to work without any problems or if they have problems they are because of inadequate systems or improper installs.

Why do you not just post the steps you are taking to capture to your hard drive. Start with when you click on the VHS2DVD 3 icon on your desktop.

I appreciate you getting back to me, but I shouldnt have to go through 101 different steps and procedures for it to maybe work. I've lost faith in this software, there are hundreds of post with people having way to many issues, I'm just going to return and try a different software program.

Good luck to you ;)