• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

DocRock54

Archiving Several Dvds To One Blu-Ray

Question

I have several DVDs with movies of my family that I want to archive on Blu-Ray discs. Should I make multiple image files and then burn them to a Blu-Ray disc? I want to avoid wasting space on the BD discs. Or is there an easier way in Creator? I haven't used Creator 2011 for a while but haven't found a way to do this and didn't see this topic in the forums. Thanks for your help.

1 answer to this question

I have several DVDs with movies of my family that I want to archive on Blu-Ray discs. Should I make multiple image files and then burn them to a Blu-Ray disc? I want to avoid wasting space on the BD discs. Or is there an easier way in Creator? I haven't used Creator 2011 for a while but haven't found a way to do this and didn't see this topic in the forums. Thanks for your help.

Do you simply want to store the "DVD folder sets" on a BluRay disc? That is you do not want to be able to play the BluRay discs at some time.

If yes then there are several ways of doing it. One would be to create an iso file for each of the DVDs making sure you name the files so that you can identify them easily. You could then burn each of the iso files to a BluRay disc as data.

Another way would be to create a names forder on your hard drive for each of the DVDs and then copy the folder sets (Video-TS folder) to the named folder. After you have done that you would burn all those folders to the BluRay as data.

Of course if you want to create a BluRay from the DVDs that you can play on a BluRay player then that is a completely different situation.