• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 234 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Perry269

Video Can Not Be Edited And Has Not Yet Been Added Error?

Question

I have the Easy CD&DVD burning verion of Roxio in the red box, i believe version 6 the first verion. Everytime i go to add a video/movie i get the error message " This video can not be edited and has not yet been added," it does not matter what format the video is in i have tried every format that i can AVI,MP4,WMV, nothing will let me add the videos. at first i thought it was cause the first video was an AVI file, but then it did it with the other formats also even after converted. if anyone can please tell me how to fix this problem or what to do to get around it i would appreciate it. i never had this problem before when i was running windows XP, but now i have windows 8 and can not seem to get anything to go my way.

15 answers to this question

Your version may not be compatible with Win 8. Please see the Corel KnowledgeBase to see what Roxio software Windows 8 can run.

http://corel.force.c...lter&source=kba

There have been many different versions over the years. look here http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/58910-which-version-do-you-have/

Edited by ogdens

I have the Easy CD&DVD burning verion of Roxio in the red box, i believe version 6 the first verion.

Version 6 definitely won't work properly under Windows 8. :(

Never tried any of the un-certified versions on Win8 nor do I intend to :lol:

But the error message is typical when you attempt to add any clip that is not Standard Definition (720 X 480) or Less.

Look at the clip with Windows Explorer and see what the resolution is.

Bluenoser2,

It was not 'exactly the same issue' and you should not have hijacked Perry269's topic, but should have started your own. Perry269 has version 6.

You now have your own topic. Please address your problem there.

Brendon

Bluenoser2,

It was not 'exactly the same issue' and you should not have hijacked Perry269's topic, but should have started your own. Perry269 has version 6.

You now have your own topic. Please address your problem there.

Brendon

I didn't "hijack" anyone's post, I seen it was the exact same error message that I'm having, and i commented asking for support.

i did not realize that adding to a post of similar issues was "hijacking".

I have a brain injury and am recovering from cancer surgery, and just trying to burn a DVD, cut me some slack.

I didn't "hijack" anyone's post, I seen it was the exact same error message that I'm having, and i commented asking for support.

i did not realize that adding to a post of similar issues was "hijacking".

I have a brain injury and am recovering from cancer surgery, and just trying to burn a DVD, cut me some slack.

No, that is NO Excuse for poor manners!

Find something else to excuse your sanctimonious behavior.

Removing my post does not make you God, your still an a$$

Take a look in the mirror and ask yourself who has the bad manors, I'm just trying to get help and your power tripping.

He didn't do it, I did. personal attacks and abusive behavior is not permitted. Be nice ! You are warned.

Removing my post does not make you God, your still an a$$

Take a look in the mirror and ask yourself who has the bad manors, I'm just trying to get help and your power tripping.

Stop your name calling or you will be banned.

Stick with your other thread.

Edited by myguggi

I have no intention of personally attacking anyone, if I was not called names by Jim Hardin when I explained that I was NOT hijacking any threads I would not have said what I did.

He insulted me.

I said that I have a brain injury and am recovering from cancer and all I got in response was insults.

If he is not going to conduct himself properly and assist with helping me like on the other thread then I have no idea what his function is here.

I came here for support and instead received insults, a little sensistivity would be nice.

I have no intention of personally attacking anyone, if I was not called names by Jim Hardin when I explained that I was NOT hijacking any threads I would not have said what I did.

He insulted me.

I said that I have a brain injury and am recovering from cancer and all I got in response was insults.

If he is not going to conduct himself properly and assist with helping me like on the other thread then I have no idea what his function is here.

I came here for support and instead received insults, a little sensitivity would be nice.

My "function" here is a longtime USER - no more - no less!

I have little patience with people who use health issues as an excuse for poor manners!

I am a cancer victim as well, forced to retire early on disability as a result and I have yet to hide behind my health issues or make excuses!

I warned you about personal attacks. You are temporarily banned. We don;t have to help you. Call support and pay for the privilege of being rude to someone trying to help.