• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
John Newcombe

Creator 2012 Blank Media Not Recognised

Question

Am trying to copy music files but when inserting blank CD, normal recordable or Light-scribe it does not recognise and asks me to insert Blank Disc, I have tried numerous Blank disks and know they are unused but the error message keeps coming up, tried rolling back to last Friday when I know it did work as copied some tracks without problem but that doesn't work either. Any ideas how I can get Roxio to accept my CD's? PLEASE

John

4 answers to this question

It sounds as if your burner drive might have gone faulty. Do you have any other software which can write a CD, so you can test that the drive is working?

Thanks Brendon

Alas I don't have a spare drive until after the holiday but will certainly take your advice, all seemed well on Sunday when last used this Light-Scribe compatible drive so presumed, #$^@ sill me, all was ok with it

Thinking about it tho I m sure I have used it since, will put CD and see what happens, m' me thinks you may be right, put a CD in and it did not read it automatically so right clicked open and all that happened was the door opened nothing showing about the contents!

Oh deep joy, will try another drive when I can get down to the shops.

In the meantime many man thanks for or help, will certainly let you know how the problem progresses, have a great holiday and all the very best for 2014.

Joh

Somebody may have shifted the post from where you originally put it, John. That would break the 'follow' link. You can click the 'Follow button' afresh and it should work.

Unfortunately these things can turn their toes up the moment you look at them. If the laser diode or the laser receiver goes, the thing's history because it would cost more than a new unit to fix the old one.

Be well and happy, and I'll be keen to see progress.

Regards,

Brendon