During Video Export 2Nd Disco Won't Burn

EZ101

Question

Hi Everyone,

I hope that perhaps a person will see this today, I know it's a long shot with it being Christmas Eve and all. Anyway, I have recorded several home movies that were originally done on a HI 8 camera. They are on the computer hardrive and most are 7-8 GB and 2 hours long.

When trying to export them to DVD I am having a problem. The software tells me that I have to split across multiple DVD's - too bad there isn't a feature to do more than 2 DVD's but that's another topic.

Anyway, I create the split point and start the project - 1st disc burns fine but when i get the message to load the 2nd disc, I put in the 2nd disc and the software doesn't pick up and continue. So the 2nd disc never starts burning.

I saw a person mention in another thread to uncheck the box that says "auto fit" but it won't run at all without that box checked.

I have already gone into my control panel on my computer and set all my "auto play" settings to do nothing when loading a new DVD into the drive. Before doing this, I noticed that I was getting the "what do you want windows to do.." type message when I put in the 2nd DVD and I thought this was messing up the process.

I'm trying to make copies of these DVD's to give to mom - they are of her mother who has passed away.

Also, another question - isn't there a way to change quality from "best" to another setting? I can't find that option. The quality isn't that great anyway, but just curious.

2 answers to this question

Or...

Set Markers where you want to Split the Project...

Now Close the Program and name it Disc 2.

Open the existing Disc 2 Project and close it again but name it Disc 1.

Now you are ready to work!

Open Disc 1 and Move the Right End Marker to the Split point. Burn Disc 1

Open Disc 2 and Move the Left End Marker to the Split point. Burn Disc 2

When you have the time, come back and we will get your EVD3 fixed and working as it is supposed to ;)