thezef

Sound Editor Crashes While Recording When Source Stops

Question

howdy. we just installed nxt2 on our new computer with 64 bit windows 7 running. sound editor will usually record, either from monitor mic or from sound card (eg a youtube song), but when it detects the youtube song has ended, it stops automatically, then briefly shows the captured audio file (for less than 1 second) before the "Roxio Sound Editor has Stopped Working" followed by "microsoft searching for solutions".

if i pause the song before it ends, then hit stop, i can usually edit it like usual and export the clip like usual.

can i disable that "auto-detect" stop recording feature, or fix the bug causing this?

thanks in advance!

john :)

7 answers to this question

It is broke and you need to run a proper repair...

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

That should do the trick, let us know ;)

This suggested fix doesn't work. I'm getting really frustrated! After spending this much money I expect a product to work. Please fix YOUR product!

This suggested fix doesn't work. I'm getting really frustrated! After spending this much money I expect a product to work. Please fix YOUR product!

It is not our product! We are just users like you

I have no problem with the product. If you have a problem, start a new thread and explain what problem you are having

I am experiencing exactly the same problem. Running NXT 2 on Windows 8.1 64-bit.

Same Problem???

Same Answer...

Tried the "reinstall/repair" option as suggested - no help.

What did help was discovering there were TWO 'Track Detection' selections: one under the main 'Tools' menu, and the other one in the Record Audio window > Options > Capture Settings > Track Detection > Uncheck 'Enable Track Detection'. That last one did the trick.

That having been said, before selecting the "fix", having the software crash as noted in the previous entries, is not encouraging, and IMHO still needs looking into.

• Like 1