• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Gordon

Black Images On Tv

Question

I have Creator NXT 2. I created a production having 12 slides using VideoWave. I view the production in VideoWave, and it looks good. I burned a DVD using MyDVD. On my TV set, six of the slide images do not show. They are solid black. The black images appear for the 7 seconds I allowed. How do I fix this problem?

5 answers to this question

I have Creator NXT 2. I created a production having 12 slides using VideoWave. I view the production in VideoWave, and it looks good. I burned a DVD using MyDVD. On my TV set, six of the slide images do not show. They are solid black. The black images appear for the 7 seconds I allowed. How do I fix this problem?

What is the file size and pixel dimensions of your slide images?

Try first burning to an image file or a Video_TS folder set. You can then play those files with a software player such as VLC (link)

Please be aware that the DVD standard sets a maximum size for pictures on a DVD, so if they are too large the software will have to downsize them. Often the downsizing doesn't work properly and over-large pictures turn out black on the DVD.

Try downsizing your pictures yourself before you give them to Videowave.

My images are about 6400 X 5300. I think that they are too large as pointed out by Digital Guru.

My images are about 6400 X 5300. I think that they are too large as pointed out by Digital Guru.

Yes, I would definitely reduce them to about a quarter size but make sure you keep the aspect ration.

You could first Output (render) to an mpg file to see if there is still a problem. If the mpg file is Ok then you can always add that file file directly in myDVD.

And, make sure that you don't overwrite your original photos. When you reduce them, change the name, and put them in a different folder than the originals.