• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
UghRochester

Ps4 Hdcp Will Go Away In The Future)

Question

Source

I've seen people post Xbox One and PS4 problems about their signal was block. This means they both have HDCP, which I'm surprised Xbox One does due to Xbox 360 doesn't. However, back in September, Shuhei Yoshida tweeted out about HDCP going away in the future for the PS4, but not at launch. With two PDM (Playstation Dynamic Menu- for those who don't know PS4's new UI titled) updates already with your PS4, it still has HDCP. When will it be turned off to let people capture with their device? That is unknown, but it will happen according to Yoshida's tweet. If you truly want to capture with your game capturing device, you can do the famous HDMI to DVI to HDMI converter to bypass the signal. Fair warning, some products can't bypass it that way either. You may have to search for something that does.

No word from Microsoft about HDCP being disabled.

-UghRochester

2 answers to this question

That was in September, 3 months ago!

If you read it carefully it in No Way says that the End User will have any choice or control...

It is a carefully crafted statement that most will misread and think it means what they want to hear, when it does not ;)

I ventured my 'explanation' (opinion :D) in THIS Topic ^_^

Yeah and many people will think it's happening at launch, when it won't source. It's not going to be happening this year, because Sony doesn't have anymore updates until next year. Maybe then people will be able to stream out through HDMI.