Mnkybuz0

Regular Xbox 360 *not Slim* Question Roxio Gamecapture Hd Pro

Question

Hi there, I just received my Roxio Game Capture HD Pro the other day and I was going to test it out today on my Xbox 360, the xbox 360 that I own is not, NOT, a xbox 360 SLIM... The issue I have is for my xbox I am trying to use the HDMI cables for input and output. There`s no signal going through the TV nor the computer. Thing is if I just plug in the hdmi from my xbox to the TV (Instead of the xbox to the game cap, to the tv, and to the computer) It works fine.

So in general my question is to use the HDMI for input and output on the Roxio GameCapture HD Pro, do I need to use an Xbox 360 SLIM?

and my second question is, for me to be able to use my regular white Xbox 360 (non slim) do I need to use component cables for the input?

Hope one of you can help me out!

Thanks in advance

13 answers to this question

It should work with the original 360.I've used one before.

Did you install the software first before plugging in the device?

Did you have your computer on and the device connected to it when you tried to use it?

I did install the program before using anything, I got it to work with my brothers Slim, so I guess problem solved with that, I suppose! My original 360 is a hunk of junk anyway. so I`ll just work with what I got here, Thanks for the help though appreciate the reply!

I seem to be having the same issue. I have an original xbox, I have hooked things up I believe correctly, but I cannot see anything on the tv now. I can see the capture images via the software but I dont seem to be able to find out where to get help for the tv issue. Thanks very much for any input.

Edited by Someonezmom

Someonezmom

Maybe if you told us "how" you have everything hooked up, we can help you.

Here is how....

post-68-0-40314600-1388688940_thumb.png

post-68-0-80833700-1388608617_thumb.png

Edited by ogdens

Yes, the specifics of what is hooked to what is better than assurances that everything is hooked up 'correctly' :D

well I have the HDMI from my TV going into the capture device and then another HDMI cord going to my xbox, then the USB to my laptop

just like below

The RGC Device adds HDCP code to the HDMI output...

IF your TV does not support that, it usually results in a blank screen or a message about 'no signal'...

It is not present directly from your Slim so I am guessing that part worked OK???

TRY a different Monitor to confirm my guess!

If that works, you could use an HDMI splitter placed at the Xbox Slim output with one going to your Monitor and the other to the RGC ;)

Please keep us informed.

Thank you very much for your response. i do not have a slim, I have a Microsoft Xbox 360 Pro

So if my TV does not support HDCP then having this device is useless?

What a shame, that should be on the box lol

thanks again for your time, I will try to see if it will work on another TV but the one currently hooked up is the newest one I got lol

Thank you very much for your response. i do not have a slim, I have a Microsoft Xbox 360 Pro

So if my TV does not support HDCP then having this device is useless?

What a shame, that should be on the box lol

thanks again for your time, I will try to see if it will work on another TV but the one currently hooked up is the newest one I got lol

If they put every possibilty on a box... it wouldn't fit in your car :lol:

Did you try the HDMI splitter that was suggested in post #8, that should work fine.?

Well not everyone is a Digital Guru :P

THAT title was automatically bestowed by the system, based on post count...

I think it is silly and would have made it Digital Dope or something like that -_-

So, did you try the splitter?

How you making out?

thank you kindly again for responding, It is appreciated. I have not tried it yet, but I will and I will update you if it worked. My kids bought the RGC for me for Xmas I would like to get it working so this weekend I will purchase the splitter and try it out :)