• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Vhs 2 Dvd 3 Problem - Split From Hijacked Thread In Wrong Forum

DotMachine

Question

Hi, I installed the Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus (Buiild: 301B60A, VH3) on my laptop, an HP ProBook 6450b (Intel Core i5 i5-450M / 2.4 GHz Dual-Core, 4GB RAM with Intel HD Graphics Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0) running on Windows XP Pro Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp3_qfe.130704:Service Pack3) After importing a few videos, the program is now consistently causing the computer to crash. The screen turns blue with a bunch of text lines appearing briefly before it reboots. When booting is complete a message appears in a window saying that that the system has recovered from a serious error. I am saving the files to the hard drive which has over 40GB of available space. Please let me know what I need to do to fix this problem.

Thank you

1 answer to this question

What you are describing are typiocally system issues (hardware) and not software. Do the following first and then come back if that doesn't cure all the problems.

Sometimes when a laptop crashes after doing some heavy video capture and editing, the CPU/GPU overheats and the computer shuts down to protect itself. Is the laptop on a cooler? Have you cleaned the vents on it (carefully blow themout with dry air in a can) and are they unobstructed? You may want to put a fan on it to cool it.

When you are doing any video capture and editing, shut down any other running programs, disconnect from the internet and shut off your antivirus. They all take CPU time and energy.

How often do you do maintenance on it? Use these tools (link for get rid of junk and temporary file, get rid of any programs you don;t use any more and defrag thoroughly. If there is a direct download for the application you select, use that rather than the big button that will add some unwanted but harmless software on your computer.