Everything Works Until I Get To The Finish Process

D-Var

Question

I recorded the tape, got all the way through, and it goes to the "finishing process", and ran for hours and never finished, any ideas? Everything was good until that last stage, has happened 3 times, and never completed 1 Job. Plus the program won't allow you to quit util it is finished, so you have to manually turn off the computer to get it to quit.

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

I recorded the tape, got all the way through, and it goes to the "finishing process", and ran for hours and never finished, any ideas? Everything was good until that last stage, has happened 3 times, and never completed 1 Job. Plus the program won't allow you to quit util it is finished, so you have to manually turn off the computer to get it to quit.

How long was the tape? What condition? Are you capturing the tape to your computer (preferred method) or are you trying to burn directly to a disc. If you are trying to put too much on a disc, you will have problems. What do you mean by finishing?

Guru, My wife got this for me to transfer tapes of car races I've had for years, this one I was recording was 3 hours and 28 minutes, I am using a double layered blank DVD, I set the recording time for the length of the tape, it stops recording at the point I had set, then there is a spinning Icon at the bottom right of the screen that says"finishing", that ran for hours, (over 6), and never stopped, had to shut off the computer with the power button because the program would not stop until it finished. Is there a way to download to the computer and then burn the disc?

Guru, My wife got this for me to transfer tapes of car races I've had for years, this one I was recording was 3 hours and 28 minutes, I am using a double layered blank DVD, I set the recording time for the length of the tape, it stops recording at the point I had set, then there is a spinning Icon at the bottom right of the screen that says"finishing", that ran for hours, (over 6), and never stopped, had to shut off the computer with the power button because the program would not stop until it finished. Is there a way to download to the computer and then burn the disc?

Yes by using Record Edit & Save.

I would Try with a very short capture, 5 or 10 minutes first...

Then if that works, bump it to 1 hour.

Some prefer to just do 1 hour captures and combine them for burning later. That is an option you have open to you if it can't do the full 3 1/2 hours ;)

You do want to keep all output at the Highest Quality since VHS tape is low to start with, and any reduction in an attempt to fit it to a disc will cause a big drop in quality!

The software has a Span Disc feature so you can put it on 2 of DL discs with no loss.