Quick Sync?

MacBandit

Question

3 answers to this question

While that isn't what I'm looking for it's good to know they've got that in there. What they are calling Videoboost is CUDA support which is Nvidia's way of offloading video conversion onto the video card.

Quicksync is a video conversion chip that Intel is putting on the there chipsets along with their on board video cards. From what I've seen Quicksync is orders of magnitude faster then CUDA. Depending on the hardware CUDA is no faster the the CPU it just allows the CPU to be free to do other things. From what I've seen Quicksync not only frees up the CPU but is typically as much as 4 times faster then a high end i7 Quad core CPU. For my lowly Macbook Pro it could be as much as 6-10 times faster while using less power and very little CPU.

While that isn't what I'm looking for it's good to know they've got that in there. What they are calling Videoboost is CUDA support which is Nvidia's way of offloading video conversion onto the video card.

Quicksync is a video conversion chip that Intel is putting on the there chipsets along with their on board video cards. From what I've seen Quicksync is orders of magnitude faster then CUDA. Depending on the hardware CUDA is no faster the the CPU it just allows the CPU to be free to do other things. From what I've seen Quicksync not only frees up the CPU but is typically as much as 4 times faster then a high end i7 Quad core CPU. For my lowly Macbook Pro it could be as much as 6-10 times faster while using less power and very little CPU.

Quicksync seems to be a big advancement for video conversion speed. I don't know if Corel has any future plans for Toast other than maintenance fixes, but they do have a Web page where you can submit feature requests and bug reports. I posted a link to it in one of the topics pinned at the top of the forum.