• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Ps4 Setup Trouble

TrembleGames

Question

7 answers to this question

well I have setup my roxio game capture hd pro to my ps4 and in the capture software it shows the ps4 screen but says signal protected and I cant record or stream please help

How are you connected from the PS4 to the Roxio Game Capture?

Power off the PlayStation 3. Connect a console specific Component AV cable** to the A/V port of the console. An HDMI connection is not possible from the PS3 due to HDCP (Sony protected) video out. Next, plug the color corresponding Component Video and RCA Audio cables to the inputs on the Roxio GameCAP HD PRO device.

PS 4 as well as the Xbox One only allows HDMI connection and like all the others have found, the HDCP won't allow capture with Any Capture Card.

It has all been covered since they came out if you take a few minutes and look around ;)

Why would they do that when they know gamers want to capture game play? :unsure:

Maybe this is the beginning of the end for PS 4 and Xbox One! :unsure:

What say you gamers? :unsure:

Why would they do that when they know gamers want to capture game play? :unsure:

Maybe this is the beginning of the end for PS 4 and Xbox One! :unsure:

What say you gamers? :unsure:

The Both Assured Users that they could 'turn it off' for capture :huh: (no point in having it if that were true)

Then they hedged by saying the turn off would be in the software (game) being played... Guessing this would be a software selectable switch??? That would make the game maker the Bad Guy if he didn't do it!

Of course NO Existing Game could have that since it never existed before :huh:

Also that part of the OS was not available by the roll out date, so they claim it will be coming soon as a firmware update... (of course this slyly ignores the basic shortcoming)

I would be ticked as well but corperations Live for the Quarter and avoid blame in the next :lol:

I just read a bit more and it looks like right now you can record in 5 minute or 30 second clips (depending on the method used) and then join them together for longer videos.

Supposedly come early 2014 they're going to add streaming to Twitch.

Edited by tbrewst