• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

LiftedView

How To Get Black Screen Off

Question

Every time i hit capture screen my computer screen glitches out, which cases me to reset my computer,and every time it doesn't glitch it says no signal when everything is plunged in,i have tried to re download everything and repair it bur it still doesnt fix my problem

18 answers to this question

Im useing hdmi cables by the way

Now, the folks helping you have to guess what those HDMI cables are connected to?

List your computer specs.

Edited by grandpabruce

Black screen,i have all the specs needed dont know whats wrong re download it twice

Maybe someone else, who likes to pull teeth to get any answers, will drop in and offer some help. Good luck.

There is no 'click this' fix!

YOU have to supply what was asked if you expect any sort of help...

We have a fair picture of what is going on, although in your Post #3 what you say is not even possible :huh: It is Red if the device is recognized but No Signal is coming through and Green if the device is not plugged in or recognized! It will always be Green if the device in not plugged into the PC ;)

Well, give us a complete description of your connections. We know you're using HDMI cables, but what device are you trying to record from, WII, PS2, PS3, PS4, XBOX (insert model here)? And what device are you going to on the other side? Also HDMI cables I'm presuming? Does that device show an image? Feel free to fill up a page full of words to describe what you have because we're not there to actually see what you have, you have to tell us everything. Then we might be able to help figure it out. Short, one sentence posts saying, "I have everything hooked up" really tell us nothing.

The Hdmi cables are going into my xbox 360 the roxio says its connect and everything onto my computer, i have a dual core 4gb ram 64 bit,windows vista,so i have what it takes to run the program and the device,but soon as i hit capture on the program my screen turns black and glitch's out,,so i tired a different program, to use the roxio on and it wont on the other programs either

What video card do you have in your PC? I'd definitely suggest checking for newer drivers for it. You should be able to find them at the website of the manufacturer of your PC, or the video card.

I assume you also have HDMI cables going from the Roxio capture device to another TV? Does that display your game play properly?

What is the speed of your processor?

The Hdmi cables are going into my xbox 360 the roxio says its connect and everything onto my computer, i have a dual core 4gb ram 64 bit,windows vista,so i have what it takes to run the program and the device,but soon as i hit capture on the program my screen turns black and glitch's out,,so i tired a different program, to use the roxio on and it wont on the other programs either

LIke most HD Capture Devices, Roxio only works with the included software ;)

Follow Dave's suggestion and also update your Video Software as well as the Drivers.

Yes its working on my tv and everything,I fixed the problem i updated my drivers and re downloaded the software it works now thanks for the help!!!

Edited by LiftedView