• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Experiencing Crashing Need Support

SnapperMC

Question

I cant run VideoWave14.exe3 on my Windows 8 machine either. I'm not getting that d3dx9_3x.dll is missing error I just don't get anything. Just to be sure I downloaded the DirectX End-User Runtime: from the linkin Digital Guru's post but still no luck. Any ideas how to disganose when there' snoting but a flash of the windows 8 cirlce upon clicking the .exe for VideoWave14 then nothing? Thanks

9 answers to this question

That's the way it's designed to be if you have Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burning.

This suite is a cheap, cut-down version of Creator 2012 with severely limited functionality. The provision to run Videowave 14 has been removed from the suite.

If you compare the Video/Movies menu page with that of Creator 2012 you'll see that [inter alia] the "Edit Video - Advanced" item has been removed, as has the link to run Videowave from Start > All Programs.

post-208-0-37202000-1388270137_thumb.jpgpost-208-0-56873900-1388270171_thumb.jpg

post-208-0-24308800-1388270371_thumb.jpgpost-208-0-80047500-1388270432_thumb.jpg

Although they haven't removed some of the executables, they can't be run properly because the functionality has been taken away. :(

Regards,

Brendon

If that version is a version of Creator 2012, it isn't compatible with Windows 8.

Yes it is. They modified it to make it compatible with Windows 8 [same way they modified EMC 10.3 for Windows 7] before they removed its cojones.

Methinks it would have been simple to release a modified Creator 2012, but I guess that didn't fit their commercial vision.

Yes it is. They modified it to make it compatible with Windows 8 [same way they modified EMC 10.3 for Windows 7] before they removed its cojones.

Methinks it would have been simple to release a modified Creator 2012, but I guess that didn't fit their commercial vision.

Thanks, Brendon. And, I believe that there are a lot of easy fixes, for various versions, that don't fit their commercial vision.

I cant run VideoWave14.exe3 on my Windows 8 machine either. I'm not getting that d3dx9_3x.dll is missing error I just don't get anything. Just to be sure I downloaded the [/color][/size]DirectX End-User Runtime: from the linkin Digital Guru's post but still no luck. Any ideas how to disganose when there' snoting but a flash of the windows 8 cirlce upon clicking the .exe for VideoWave14 then nothing? Thanks

I think the first thing you would want to try is a proper repair:

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where Repair is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

See what that does for it, I have found this useful for a couple of my Apps when using Win8 :wacko:

my just purchased easy cd & dvd burning software ('red box') for windows 8 has crashed a few times at different stages of creating a slideshow with music. adding music, adding photos in slideshow assistant or when saving the project.

according to the Corel website this is not a 'supported' Roxio poduct. so my question is what are my options? will Roxio help me or am I out of luck and we just wasted $30?

Thanks all for the replies to my initial post. I thought it might be the case that the .exe was an artifact of another product. And please forgive my out of context second post above about crashing. This should be in a separate thread but somehow it got appended and seems to have hijacked this one. in any case I notice that my cpu gets pinned when using this Roxio product. I have 3.6 GHz and it can be at 99% when opening a slideshow project. how can this possibly be right? maybe should start another new thread. for these performance related questions not sure where else to turn for support so thanks for any help

Thanks all for the replies to my initial post. I thought it might be the case that the .exe was an artifact of another product. And please forgive my out of context second post above about crashing. This should be in a separate thread but somehow it got appended and seems to have hijacked this one. in any case I notice that my cpu gets pinned when using this Roxio product. I have 3.6 GHz and it can be at 99% when opening a slideshow project. how can this possibly be right? maybe should start another new thread. for these performance related questions not sure where else to turn for support so thanks for any help

No we can keep it straight ^_^

General Rule about Performance Indicators... turn them OFF! You will never worry again about something you have no control over :lol:

Those numbers are normal for any program that is graphic intensive.

It runs fine on Win8 just like they said it would.

Have you done the Repair I laid out in Post #6? (it will never get better until you fix it)

Also the program in intolerant of any tweaks or "improvements" you make with your GPU or CPU. Keep everything at stock settings and it works best ;)