• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Ps3 Hdmi Setup Question

HypixL

Question

Okay I am completely stuck at this moment, I have a samsung monitor with VGA and HDMI inputs. I have a PS3 and the RGC HD Pro. I have the required component cables that are user supplied, but I cannot set my Roxio up. I watched tutorials on how to set my RGC HD Pro up and I have done everything correctly to the point of getting the blue screen, but my monitor goes black when I try to switch the display settings from HDMI to Component/D-Terminal to capture. I can hear the sounds (From Laptop/PS3) when I switch to Component output but no video. I think this is because I have to change the input on my monitor to Component but my monitor does not have this function, as I stated earlier it only has VGA and HDMI. What should I do to fix this?

11 answers to this question

I'm pretty sure you can only use component with PS3, also when you open the RGC software are you switching the "Source:" drop down window?

Yeah it's not the RGC Device I don't think, I think it is my monitor... Can't switch input on it to "Component" because there is no place for a component on the back.

Edited by HypixL

Then use HDMI from the RGC to the Monitor ;)

That does work whereas hdmi in to the RGC and component out Will Not -_-

Okay I have component input from PS3 and HDMI output to monitor I am just getting blue screen on monitor...

I should have mentioned... The HDMI output from the RGC has HDCP coding!

If you Monitor does not accept hdcp, it will not understand the signal :(

If you have one, a DVD or BD Player with HDMI Pass Through would be a quick test for the Monitor. Otherwise you need to try another Monitor.

It is possible that the RGC is at fault but most unlikely -_-

I should have mentioned... The HDMI output from the RGC has HDCP coding!

If you Monitor does not accept hdcp, it will not understand the signal :(

If you have one, a DVD or BD Player with HDMI Pass Through would be a quick test for the Monitor. Otherwise you need to try another Monitor.

It is possible that the RGC is at fault but most unlikely -_-

What If my RGC device is at fault? I am going to try a Blu Ray player hooked up to my monitor, if it accepts the signal... It's my RGC device.

Hey I am having so many problems setting up my RGC HD with component, I am wondering would buying a HDMI splitter solve my problems? But there is one thing you should know I don't know if my monitor allows HDCP and I am wondering if thats a problem...? I will try a blu ray player through HDMI and see if I get a picture. If not will I need to buy a new monitor?

Blu ray Update: Okay, I plugged a Blu Ray player into my monitor Via HDMI, it worked perfectly... So I am guessing my Monitor supports HDMI? Maybe I have a faulty RGC HD Pro? I don't know, help would be appreciated.

Edited by HypixL