momster

Easy Vhs To Dvd Stops Video When Record Is Clicked In The Easy Edit And Store Mode

Question

I just got the Easy VHS to DVD 3 plus version for Christmas. I have installed it and then hooked up the usb connector and I can preview the video and audio just fine. When I click the record button, video preview screen goes green and the audio plays for a while, then the video screen will re appear but is a bit screen image with patches or several scenes and nothing usable. When I hit stop, it says finishing but then puts nothing in the captured video files. Please help if you can. I am not computer smart and I just want to use this product. It says easy but it has been nothing but frustration for me. Thanks for any help.

I have windows 7. I also have a Compaq Presario desk top computer that it is loaded onto.

Edited by momster

5 answers to this question

I just got the Easy VHS to DVD 3 plus version for Christmas. I have installed it and then hooked up the usb connector and I can preview the video and audio just fine. When I click the record button, video preview screen goes green and the audio plays for a while, then the video screen will re appear but is a bit screen image with patches or several scenes and nothing usable. When I hit stop, it says finishing but then puts nothing in the captured video files. Please help if you can. I am not computer smart and I just want to use this product. It says easy but it has been nothing but frustration for me. Thanks for any help.

I have windows 7. I also have a Compaq Presario desk top computer that it is loaded onto.

Hi Momster !

We need to know more about your computer. Please follow these directions (link) ; it is not hard. There is no personal information except for your computer's name.

Are you copying from a VHS player? If you connect that player to a TV, do the videos look OK? How old are the tapes? Are you trying to burn to a disc directly or to a folder on your computer (the preferred method)?

It almost sound like there are other things going on on your computer or your burner is not working correctly. What kind of disc do you have in the burner CD,DVD plus R , dash R, new just out of the box or other ?

Try turning off all programs , disconnect from the Internet and shut off your antivirus.

Digital Guru,

I am trying to save them to a file to be edited. My Computer has an Athlon II processor and a Nivida GeForce 6150SE nforce 430 graphics card. I have Norton 360 running and cannot find a way to shut it off. It was downloaded from the internet so I do not have a disc that I can uninstall and reinstall it while not hooked to the internet. Since I am not burning it to a disk, I don't think the type of disk applies. Thanks for your reply.

Edited by momster

That dxdiag file is important to know what your computer has in terms of hardware and what drivers you are using. If you can't take the time to follow the easy directions and post the information, I'm not sure I have the time to help you with your problem. Where you aware that the blue text in my post above is a link to the instructions?

There is a way to turn off Norton 360 or just set it to not scan everything being written to your hard drive you can call Norton for free support on that. While you are at it ask them how to not run the Registry Cleaner part of it. There is a chance that if you have more problems in the future, that cleaner might be the cause of them

Edited by sknis