• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Slamdunk

Error When Trying To Burn Project

Question

I get an error "Problem writing to disc" when I click on burn to write a project to disc. There are several clips totaling about 1 hr 10 min, but that should be OK with disc. It's a Sony 4.7 GB DVD-R. I have created another disc the first time. I tried a different disc and same message.

3 answers to this question

Actually, a 4.7 GB disc only hold about 1 Hr of DVD Movie when rendered at High Quality...

HOWEVER, that is not the cause of your problem!

Would like to know the specs of your PC & Make & Model of your Burner?

Burner info is in your Device Manager - while there Delete it!

Reboot and let Windows rediscover it.

See if that fixes it.

I am so frustrated! I purchased Roxio Creator and for a while it worked o'k, some problems, but I lived with it. Finally my DVD/CD writer would just freeze up and then I would have to literally re-start my computer. Sometimes it took hours to make one simple copy of a DVD. I got tired of this and purchased the 123 Copy & Share Gold and would you believe I'm having the same problem. Messages varied from blank DVD was not good to DVD has data on it (brand new DVD). Can anyone, please, tell me what to do to get this software, either one of them, to work?

I have Windows 7 operating system.

Edited by Aline

I am so frustrated! I purchased Roxio Creator and for a while it worked o'k, some problems, but I lived with it. Finally my DVD/CD writer would just freeze up and then I would have to literally re-start my computer. Sometimes it took hours to make one simple copy of a DVD. I got tired of this and purchased the 123 Copy & Share Gold and would you believe I'm having the same problem. Messages varied from blank DVD was not good to DVD has data on it (brand new DVD). Can anyone, please, tell me what to do to get this software, either one of them, to work?

I have Windows 7 operating system.

Why are you posting in the VHs2DVD 3 forum if you have Roxio Creator? You don't even bother to tell us which version of Roxio Creator your have - there are more then 5 available.

Obviously if you are having problems with other ptograms as well there is something wrong with your system.

Please provide what program you have and exactly what you are trying to do. Also tell us something about your computer system. All you have said is "I have W7" and something doesn't work