• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

I Can't Get My Pc To Show Up On My Tv Hdmi

FrostyBeatz

Question

I'm trying to record PC gameplay, but when I hook up my PC into the Input HDMI and then the TV to the Output HDMI nothing happens. I've watched a few videos already and read a bunch of posts, but nothing seems to work... Any suggestions?

Update: My TV said retrieving data then it said Not Support. Does that mean my TV won't support it?

Edited by FrostyBeatz

17 answers to this question

Yes I'm using my PC instead of an Xbox or Playstation.

What kind of splitter would I need? Like the name of it.

If I were to use my 2nd monitor and replaced my TV with the monitor would that fix the problem possibly?

Update: I tried using a DVI-D to HDMI to put my monitor as the output, but it tells me "cannot display this video mode." Does that mean my monitor can't support HDMI and I'm pretty much screwed?

Edited by FrostyBeatz

I am not sure why you need a TV to play from your PC unless it is a Size issue ;)

But Yes you can try your other Monitor to see if that works...

Assuming you went from HDMI to a DVI-D adapter to your second Monitor, that could be just a typical DVI Adapter Mystery... :lol:

There are 5 "Standards" for DVI so it can be hard to get the right combo ;) Info HERE

See if you can borrow another one or take your RGC (laptop?) to a place where you can try another Monitor or TV... (it can get a bit frustrating)

Edited by Jim_Hardin

To record PC gameplay with my Roxio GameCap HD Pro I need an Output source don't I?

My other monitor doesn't support HDMI though, I even tried a DVI to HDMI with it and it said it can't display this mode /:

??? If you are playing on your PC you don't need any output!

Just PC >> HDMI to RGC and USB from RGC to whatever PC you are going to Capture on.

Okay so if i were to plug in the cables to my speaker output, is there a way i'd still be able to hear them also? Or if i used a dual headphone jack then plugged them both in would that work possibly?

Speakers and Headphones Listen... interesting question :lol:

(from an IM) I figure this might be a little bit easier to figure out the setup i need real fast. So I have a Red/White cable with a green speaker cable attached to the other end, but the problem is it's a female jack. So I tried plugging in an AUX cable to be able to plug that into my computer, but that didn't seem to work.

Adapters are needed to match up to what you have. I do not know what your 'Aux' plug does? If it supplies Audio that is independent of your Headphone output, sounds like a winner! Otherwise...

I would think ~ a 3.5mm Splitter plugged into your Speaker output jack with your headset in one and an RCA (male) adapter to the other would provide what you want???