• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How Do I Rip One Of My Movie Dvd's To My Local Hard Drive?

mikew1234

Question

I purchased the Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burning software yesterday from a big box store. I want the software to rip DVD's that I own to my hard drive. I want to have a copy backed up and be able to pull them to watch on my tablet. The documentation that comes with the cdROM doesn't provide any detail and I can't find any instructions on the web.

Can anybody help with directions?

2 answers to this question

I've never used the Easy CD & DVD Burning package, but if you're talking about ripping and backing up commercial DVDs that you own, then that program won't do it, because it's illegal to do so. And if that is the scenario, yes, I know you paid good money for the discs, and you want a backup for them, but Roxio will not assist you in those efforts.

If that's not the case, and these are DVDs that you've made yourself, there shouldn't be any copy protection on them, and you should be able to find a "copy" option in the program. Or, you could just write another disc.

Let us know which scenario fits your situation.

I've never used the Easy CD & DVD Burning package, but if you're talking about ripping and backing up commercial DVDs that you own, then that program won't do it, because it's illegal to do so. And if that is the scenario, yes, I know you paid good money for the discs, and you want a backup for them, but Roxio will not assist you in those efforts.

If that's not the case, and these are DVDs that you've made yourself, there shouldn't be any copy protection on them, and you should be able to find a "copy" option in the program. Or, you could just write another disc.

Let us know which scenario fits your situation.

He saw your response, and decided not to reply. The thread attracted a spam post, which was deleted, so I think it is time to close this up.