Hazard93

Running Slow In Videowave

Question

Hey all.

Basically im a complete noobie when it comes to computer specs and so on, but i have been told that my computer should be able to handle and run Videowave smoothly but this is not the case,

post-116748-0-08833600-1388931032_thumb.png

These are from what i believe are my specs im not entirely sure :lol:

When im running video wave i seem to slow down and freeze a lot, so its not smooth at all. I realise its my computer and not the software but does anyone know how i can boost my computer in some way so that i do not have these problems? and is it the CPU that is causing this? if so then can they be upgraded?

Thanks in advance!

14 answers to this question

You do not have the best system... Actually it is below spec in some important areas...

The RGC specs require an AMD of 2 cores @ 2.0 GHz or more. Even higher if you intend to do HD Capture :huh:

While not the Law, those with a Windows Experience Index of 4.5 or greater don't seem to have issues...

What to do???

NO multi tasking during editing/render!

Keep files small ~ 1/2 to 1 Hour max! (you can patch them together later)

Keep plenty of HDD Free Space and keep it defragged!

Try changing Tools - Options - Render Using: to Software! (it defaults to Hardware)

RAM is not going to change anything ~ a 12 GB file can't be loaded into 8 GB of RAM anymore than it can't be loaded into 5 GB of RAM
:lol:
(it only loads a portion and keeps the rest on the HDD)

Never Overclock or try to Tweak your CPU or GPU!

That should help ;)

ahh ok thanks man,

This may sound very dumb.. but how can you tell what the CPU is on a laptop before buying? with RAM it will say and i always notice but as far as i know it never says the CPU size?

the laptop is fine until i add my logo to the vid then it just seems to be laggy on playback, so i rendered the video and now im going to try adding the logo in movie maker see if that works, i need the logo there to show its my gameplay so no one can exactly take it :lol:

ahh ok thanks man,

This may sound very dumb.. but how can you tell what the CPU is on a laptop before buying? with RAM it will say and i always notice but as far as i know it never says the CPU size?

the laptop is fine until i add my logo to the vid then it just seems to be laggy on playback, so i rendered the video and now im going to try adding the logo in movie maker see if that works, i need the logo there to show its my gameplay so no one can exactly take it :lol:

Obviously your Logo is the problem :unsure: Putting your Logo on a video does not prevent anybody from taking it.

Basically your computer is not up to the task

Minimum System Requirements:

• Microsoft Windows® 8, 7, Vista™ SP2, XP (SP3 for 32 bit & SP2 for 64 bit), Intel® Core 2 Duo Processor 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon x2 64 2.0 GHz, 2GB RAM
  • Dual Core 2.3 GHz above is recommended for 1080 30p/60i recording.

Edited by myguggi

hmm ok thanks man, not the news i really wanted to hear but its the truth, guess i will be investing in a new laptop :(

How well do you think a 2.40GHz laptop would perform?

Im not actually recording in 1080p in recording in 720 at 8000 bit rate because any higher and the recording will be laggy, do you think as a quick fix if i lowered the bit rate i would be able to add the logo?

im looking into getting a dell tower now, 3.4GHz CPU, 2GB ram, hopefully this should help with my recording :D all i would have to do is install win 7/8 as it is running win XP

XP would be fine.

Do the Win-Pause to see what the Windows Experience Index is... Remember 4+ is what you would hope to see :lol:

Actually saying that i wouldn't NEED to install a new version of windows, as this one would be running service pack 3 on XP Pro.

Take a look see what you think

post-116748-0-90461800-1388962932_thumb.png

If Worst came to the worst i could at least upgrade the RAM

Edited by Hazard93

XP would be fine.

Do the Win-Pause to see what the Windows Experience Index is... Remember 4+ is what you would hope to see :lol:

Win-Pause? i understand none of that :lol:

XP would be fine.

Windows XP does not have a Windows Experience Index

One other thing I see is that it sounds like you're recording your game play, then adding your logo as an overlay prior to posting your videos? If that's the case, then yes, playback in videowave may be slow, because of the "live" overlay processing. But once you render and output that to a file, it will play back at normal speed since there is no overlay processing to be done at that point. So, you could keep using your current laptop. So create a completed file, and then try playing that back to see how that works.

All that is based on what it sounds like you're trying to do. If that's not the case, you may ignore this post.

Edited by d_deweywright
spelling/clarity

Windows XP does not have a Windows Experience Index

Right you are Walt! They didn't need one as everyone had aGreat Expreance when using XP ;)

One other thing I see is that it sounds like you're recording your game play, then adding your logo as an overlay prior to posting your videos? If that's the case, then yes, playback in videowave may be slow, because of the "live" overlay processing. But once you render and output that to a file, it will play back at normal speed since there is no overlay processing to be done at that point. So, you could keep using your current laptop. So create a completed file, and then try playing that back to see how that works.

All that is based on what it sounds like you're trying to do. If that's not the case, you may ignore this post.

Nice catch Dave! ;)