• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Dick_Ash

Trouble Loading Lumix Dmc- Zs7 Video Files Into Videowave

Question

I also have a Lumix DMC- ZS7 camera and I used to be able to load AVCHD Lite video files into VideoWave with no problem. However, at some point, I started receiving an error statement which said:

Warning - One or more of the files you are trying to add can no be edited and have not been added.

These same files can be viewed with Windows Media Player and can be inputted to the Wondershare Video Converter with no problem.

Does anyone have any idea what may be going on? I just uninstalled and reinstalled Roxio Creator 12 Pro and am experiencing the same problem.

Is this a problem with Creator 12 Pro that may have been fixed with Creator NXT Pro? I really don't want to have to use a video converter.

7 answers to this question

Check the recent files. Are they AVCHD, mov or m-jpeg -- all are possible from that camera ? The program doesn't like m-jpeg sometimes and if they are mov files, make sure you have the latest version of Quicktime on your computer.

Also did you read this in the manual " There's an option to record AVCHD Lite movies with GPS data as well. However, the manual warns that because location information is being added, playback on an AVCHD compatible device is not possible.". Is this something you started doing when you had issues with the program. The video converter probably strips out that location data.

Edited by sknis

Here's an up-date on my problem.

I went ahead and up-grade to Roxio NXT2 Pro in the hopes that would solve my problem. however, nothing changed.

As part of my troubleshooting, I took the liberty of loading Creator NXT2 Pro onto my wife's laptop and it has no problem loading AVCHD .mts files into VideoWave.

I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 camera. Although it will record video in Motion Jpeg format (which works fine with my Creator), these files are limited to 8 minutes in length. Therefore, when I video our church sermons, I use the Avchd format which has no time limit. However, I have to use another product to convert the video files to a format that my VideoWave will accept.

The product I'm using is WonderShare which had its video editor bundled. Both products recognize ad load the same files that VideoWave has a problem with.

I have a Dell OptiPlex 745 desktop computer with a Radeon X1300/1550 Series video card. I have up-dated the drivers to the latest version (2/10/10).

I have also up-dated DirectX from Microsoft

Are there any known issues that I need to address?

Edited by Dick_Ash

That video card driver date looks awfully old. Don't rely on Windows; go directly to Radeon. They probably have a automatic detection and install application. I bet there will be one from 2013.

I was never able to get m-mpeg to work with the program but others have. It may be a video codec issue.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Unfortunately, that appears to be the latest driver that is available from AMD/ATI for the Radeon X1300/1550.

I may have to get a new video card or just go ahead and invest in a newer computer.

I'm waiting to hear back from Roxio/Corel see what their thoughts are.

I'm not impressed with apparent lack of reference to the Roxio products on he Corel sit!

I'm not impressed with apparent lack of reference to the Roxio products on he Corel sit!

I have no idea what you are referring to with that statement? Did you select Products at the top of every forum?

I apologize for two things:

1) my typos - the keys were sluggish and

2) I wasn't talking about the forum. It was when I tried to establish a trouble ticket that I ended up on a Corel site that did not reference Creator XT 2 Pro in any way!

I just got an email from Corel telling me that I was out of warranty on a product I bought on January 6, 2014, so I'm doing battle with them.

I have a ATI X1300 Pro video card in a old PC 2005 era.

If the PC matches the videocard I doubt it has the minimum system requirements for C2012 or Creator NXT Pro.

Searching Dell OptiPlex 745 desktop I find a Intel Pentium D 2.80 GHz. The Pentium D which is the dual-core variant of Pentium 4 "Prescott" manufactured by Intel. Each CPU comprised two dies, each containing a single core, residing next to each other on a multi-chip module package. The brand's first processor, codenamed Smithfield, was released by Intel on May 25, 2005.

Not that this has anything to do with videowave accepting a Motion Jpeg format!