• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Audio When Dropping Or Adding Videos To New Production In Videowave!

Aircrwman

Question

I just got this today from my dad....well because he has no idea how to use it. lol So I thought I would give it a try. Anyways, I started a production with multiple videos and it seemed to work fine....until I tried to listen to it and there was no audio what so ever. I want the original video audio but can't seem to understand why the audio is not coming with the video.

I have a Dell Studio with Windows Vista Home

Also, the movie files come from my camera as .MOV, but I also tried the a .WMV and it still didn't work.

I clicked on "show Native tracks"....nothing. It shows no audio at all. Please help.

Thanks

Edited by Aircrwman

3 answers to this question

Is the Creator 2010 the commercial version or an OEM version? Do the files have audio if played with the free VLC player?

Where did you get the videos? If you got them from a analog camcorder, then you cannot use a USB connection. The audio will not be captured. You will need an analog to digital converter. There are several you can buy.including one from Roxio. If the camcorder is digital, then you must use a firewire for a camcorder recording to a digital tape. It the camcorder is memory type camcorder then did you just copy the files from your memory stick using Windows.

Make sure that you have the latest version of Quicktime on your computer; it is needed for the codecs.

The older versions of 2012 had issues with mov files. Try converting them to mpg2 via a third party free video converter = there are many. An example is "Any Video Converter" It does batch convert.

Let us know what the situation is once you try a few things.

I have the Roxio Creator PRO 2010. Yes the files play perfectly fine on my computer and yes they also work with the VLC player. The videos came from my digital camera (Nikon CoolPix AW100) and the camera creates them with the .MOV file type. I just pulling the SD card and inserting it into the SD slot on my computer and then cut and paste them into a folder.

I downloaded the latest version of Quicktime. I also tried converting them the MPEG2...is that the same as MPG2? MPEG2 was the only option that was the closest to what you said. I converted them through this roxio creator pro program.

After all that, I have nothing. The video works fine but still no sound. Not sure if this helps but I tried this at my dads house on the same program and still ran into the same problem...video but no sound.