• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Won't Record! Details Inside

Mr_Man_Pants

Question

I recently reinstalled the Roxio software onto a new computer. I use the Roxio to record my XBox game footage. And from what I can tell everything seems fine to me. The video shows fine on the preview.

Now if I click "Start Capture" the preview screen flashes black for a bit, then says its recording and the preview goes back to normal. However, when I go to watch the clips that I just recorded, I find that the Roxio only actually recorded the first few milliseconds of that footage, and sometimes nothing at all.

If I click Live Stream, everything acts normally, Twitch even says I'm live at the moment and will actually record my footage in "Past Broadcasts". Oddly enough though, you cannot actually watch me on the live stream, it just gets stuck at loading video. I have yet to determine if this is Twitch or Roxio's doing, however, given the latter issue, something tells me it's Roxio.

Please help! My YouTube channel is suffering because of this nonsense.

EDIT: Also, I can livestream using OBS, but Roxio doesn't allow 3rd party recording software to access it. Thanks a lot for that!

Edited by Mr_Man_Pants

2 answers to this question

Make sure you have your CPU & GPU set to defaults ~ no tweaking, overclocking, or alleged 'improvements' :lol:

That is VERY important as screws up the RGC software...

Then do a proper repair with these steps - Add Nothing, Skip Nothing!

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Let us know ;)