Sign in to follow this  
bsdeitch

Toast 11 Says Every Dvd I Try To Copy Is Protected And Cannot Copy

Question

I bought Toast 11 and it seems that every DVD I want to copy is protected and can not be copied..

this is very irritating for me after spending $99.00 dollars on this program to have it not work and the bad part of it is that I can not return it to the store where I bought it because it has been opened..

any suggestions on what I can do with this program or have I just wasted $99.00 dollars

the intent of this was to use it to create a digital library of my dvd collection so i don't have to look through a giant stack of movies and save some space in my room by putting those dvd's away.

anyone have any suggestion on how i can fix this problem and redeem my faith if software companies???

Thanks

Ben

2 answers to this question

I bought Toast 11 and it seems that every DVD I want to copy is protected and can not be copied..

this is very irritating for me after spending $99.00 dollars on this program to have it not work and the bad part of it is that I can not return it to the store where I bought it because it has been opened..

any suggestions on what I can do with this program or have I just wasted $99.00 dollars

the intent of this was to use it to create a digital library of my dvd collection so i don't have to look through a giant stack of movies and save some space in my room by putting those dvd's away.

anyone have any suggestion on how i can fix this problem and redeem my faith if software companies???

Thanks

Ben

Assuming that your DVDs are commercial, and thus copy-protected, have you thought about using software that rips the files to you hard drive and eliminates the copy protection? You can then copy the ripped files using Toast to achieve your goal. You should be able to find suggestions here:

http://www.videohelp.com/search?q=remove+copy+protection