ZyJerasca

Videowave Simply Crashes

Question

Hey everyone, just got a Roxio Pro HD Recorder, love it so far but I have had a few bugs when I try to edit in Videowave. After I add anything to the video file such as audio that I record alongside that I record to late line up with said video, Videowave crashes. It does this regardless though even if I try to do anything to the reel itself I can get maybe about 5 minutes of any editing done before I have to reopen the program after it crashes and windows closes it. After trying a few work arounds, such as the re-install repair that I saw listed in a different topic here, nothing seems to be working and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas I have yet to think of.

Not trying to add anything crazy to the video either, just the audio and trim it all so it lines up.

Any advice would be helpful at this point! Thanks!

post-117065-0-15167200-1389147346_thumb.jpg

post-117065-0-84416500-1389147389_thumb.jpg

Edited by ZyJerasca

3 answers to this question

PC looks to be up to the task, screen res is a bit low but should be OK... - could try setting it to 1024 X 768 to see what happens :huh:

You defiantly want to do a proper repair...

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

• Like 1

Yea I saw your repair recommendation to someone else and I tried that. It worked but then the Roxio kept trying to force my tv into 480p instead of its 720 and my tv would not show anything as I tried to record. I will give it another go though for sure.

Will also definitely try putting the screen res down though I am on a 24" screen (though I am sure that doesn't matter right?)

Edited by ZyJerasca

No... Roxio does not 'Force' anything :huh:

It does what it receives, in other words, it is only getting 480p so that is all it can pass on.