• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
DaRader

Result Code = - 5000

Question

Toast 10 Titanium will not begin the burning process giving the message:

"Could not record the disc because you don't have the required access permissions.

Result Code = - 5000"

The same message results when trying to burn even files previously successfully burned by Toast 10. Is this a know problem?

2 answers to this question

On 1/8/2014 at 1:20 AM, DaRader said:

Toast 10 Titanium will not begin the burning process giving the message:

"Could not record the disc because you don't have the required access permissions.

Result Code = - 5000"

The same message results when trying to burn even files previously successfully burned by Toast 10. Is this a know problem?

I get this same message. The software used to work for me but now it does not work at all. It will either "burn" a disk that seems to have absolutely nothing on it or it will begin burning and then fail. I really need to get this thing working. I have written to the folks at roxio but have not heard a thing back from them.

If the error is indeed about permissions, then try repairing the permissions for system files and folders.
On macOS 10.10 Yosemite or earlier, you can Repair Permissions in Disk Utility on a selected disk. 
On macOS 10.11 El Capitan or later, that option is removed, as macOS itself should keep system permissions as they should be, and disallow others (e.g. installers) to change any of that.

Besides the permissions for system folders and files, there are also permissions on other folders and files, e.g. in the user directory (including Desktop). You may have to check those manually (Get Info﹥Sharing & Permissions). Make sure the files that you want to burn have at least read access.