malcolmpo

Program Doesn't Run

Question

After using Creator 2011 for years, all of a sudden it doesn't run. It displays the Roxio banner and exits. Any ideas? I'm running on Win 7.

5 answers to this question

Something has broken.

Insert your installer disc and when the system gives you the option to Uninstall or Repair, pick Repair. If that doesn't fix the problem, do a full uninstall then Reinstall Creator.

Thanks for your reply. The problem is though, I don't have my installer disc. I bought the program when I bought my computer (a Dell), and registered it, so I know the serial number. I don't remember whether I lost the disc, or whether I just never had one. As a registered user, is there a way to download a copy of the program?

Thanks for your reply. The problem is though, I don't have my installer disc. I bought the program when I bought my computer (a Dell), and registered it, so I know the serial number. I don't remember whether I lost the disc, or whether I just never had one. As a registered user, is there a way to download a copy of the program?

Did you buy the program separately or did it come pre-installed on your Dell computer? If the latter then it is most likely the OEM version that Dell shipped with their computers. These versions are usually cut down, li,ited versions of a full retail version. In that case there is no possibility of a download from Roxio. You could try contacting Dell to see if they can help.

If you actually bought the program as a full retail version then you should have received a disc.

I have the exact same problem; we were gifted a new computer, so I have tried installing, installation says it is fine, but all we get is the roxio banner, then nothing. I do have an install disk

I have the exact same problem; we were gifted a new computer, so I have tried installing, installation says it is fine, but all we get is the roxio banner, then nothing. I do have an install disk

You do not have the same problem but only similar symptoms. You say you have a new computer - what operating system? Are you running C2011. With at least some info we might be able to help you. At the moment all you have posted "it doesn't work"