• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Vhs Conversion Problems

MChet

I have my VCR hooked up directly to my computer and I'm using Roxio Creator Basic v9 to copy my old home movies to my external hard drive. Some of my videos won't copy over and the Creator Basic says "no signal" or "error" even though I can see the home movie on the screen. Basically, it won't allow me to capture the video. Is there anything I can do to fix this and allow me to copy the movie? I've tried tracking and I'm not the most technically savvy person.

I have my VCR hooked up directly to my computer and I'm using Roxio Creator Basic v9 to copy my old home movies to my external hard drive. Some of my videos won't copy over and the Creator Basic says "no signal" or "error" even though I can see the home movie on the screen. Basically, it won't allow me to capture the video. Is there anything I can do to fix this and allow me to copy the movie? I've tried tracking and I'm not the most technically savvy person.

What capture device are you using? Do you have some capture card in your computer?

I have a capture card built into my computer. I have a Windows Media Center computer from 2008. I have my VCR hooked up to my computer via composite cables. I'm not sure if it matters, but I'm not using the S-video input on my computer and solely dependent on the composite cables.

I have a capture card built into my computer. I have a Windows Media Center computer from 2008. I have my VCR hooked up to my computer via composite cables. I'm not sure if it matters, but I'm not using the S-video input on my computer and solely dependent on the composite cables.

Were you able to capture any of your old home videos? IF yes but some others do not then it is most likely that the signal from the VHS videos is to "waek" to be recognized by the capture card.

Also, your Roxio program is very, very old and not designed to work with the capture card.. Have you tried to use the software that came with the capture card.

Edited by myguggi

Yes, some movies worked and I was able to copy them, while others just gave me the error or no signal messages. I tried using Movie Maker that came with my computer, but it doesn't recognize the VCR so that is why I used the Roxio software that came with my computer. Do you think an updated Roxio software will fix the issue and which one? or would you recommend another software? I'm trying to avoid having to buy a digital converter.