• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Os X Maverick (10.9.1) Connection Problem

AlainBob

Question

I recently updated my Mac to OS X Maverick (10.9.1) and now, when I want to use my software, I receive this message (which is normal) "Please connect your Easy VHS to DVD Capture hardware to any USB 2.0 port" (see the image in the attached file)

When I connect the hardware into a USB 2 port, nothing happens. I tried different USB ports and it is still the same. I don't know if there is a compatibility problem with Maverick or if my problem is from the capture device itself...

Anyone else with this problem ?

Thanks !

Alan R.

post-117095-0-06519700-1389274980_thumb.jpg

9 answers to this question

The USB device should have been recognized when inserted, even with Mavericks. I'm wondering if the system upgrade caused a USB communication problem on your Mac. I remember once doing a system upgrade that resulted in a loss of communication with my optical drive. I fixed that by running the system installer a second time. But I don't if that is possible with the Mavericks installer and if that is even worthwhile. If it was my Mac I'd run DiskWarrior right now. I suppose you've tried a complete shut down and then restart.

Thx for your reply. I tried to connect with another USB port (in fact, I tried all USB ports on the back of my iMac) and they all work with other devices but not with the Roxio's... I also tried to restart my Mac and it's still the same.

I'm pretty sure the problem is with the device itself... :-(

Thx for your reply. I tried to connect with another USB port (in fact, I tried all USB ports on the back of my iMac) and they all work with other devices but not with the Roxio's... I also tried to restart my Mac and it's still the same.

I'm pretty sure the problem is with the device itself... :-(

I just noticed that you have the older application. Roxio replaced that with Roxio Video Capture which captures video in h.264 or Apple Intermediate Codec format rather than MPEG 2 format. I'll send you a private message with more information.

Was there a final solution to this problem? If so, what? I have the exact same issue. I have Mac OS 10.9.1 ("Mavericks")

I've checked the Roxio site and downloaded the latest updates of "Easy VHS to DVD for Mac" (v. 1.0.5).

Restarting the Mac with the Roxio dongle plugged in doesn't resolve the problem.

Edited by NDTerri

I am running Mavericks 10.9, installed and hooked up Roxio Easy VHS to DVD and was immediately able to capture video from a video camera. Only problem, no sound. I have seen a number of posts on the internet referring to this problem with many different suggestions on what to do. Does Roxio have a simple answer for this problem? Can I get the hardware/software to work with my iMac so I can get audio with my video?

I don't think this is a Roxio problem to fix. It works with my Mac running OS 10.9.1. Which capture app are you using? Is it Easy VHS to DVD Capture 1.0.5 or Roxio Video Capture 2.0.1? Either should work. Since you've read other posts I presume you've tried launching the app before inserting the USB device. Are you certain the audio is being sent from the camera through the cable? Try connecting the camera's cables to your TV instead of to the Roxio device to double check that the audio is there. I'm sorry I don't have an explanation for why it isn't working on your Mac. Did it work before you updated to OS 10.9?

i have a problem with maverick. My toast program does not work, What is the solution ?

What is your version of Toast? When you say it doesn't work does that mean you cannot launch it? If so, try trashing the Toast plist and prefs files in your User>Library>Preferences folder and relaunching Toast. That library is accessed by holding down the Option key when selecting the Go menu in the Finder.