• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cannot Add Mp4 Or Avi To Version 10.3.104 Under Windows 8

bluenoser2

Question

Never tried any of the un-certified versions on Win8 nor do I intend to :lol:

But the error message is typical when you attempt to add any clip that is not Standard Definition (720 X 480) or Less.

Look at the clip with Windows Explorer and see what the resolution is.

Hello,

I just purchased the Roxio Easy CD and DVD Burning (downloaded version, version 10.3.104 build 101B04A, ECD) and am having the EXACT same error message.

I am trying to simply add ANY .AVI, .mp4, or any other format to convert to a DVD that can be played on any DVD player, but get the exact same error:

" This video can not be edited and has not yet been added,"

It doesn't matter what size file I try to add, a tiny file, or a large one, it doesn't matter what resolution I try to add, it gives the same error message.

I am running windows 8 on an HP p6 PC.

I just purchased and downloaded the software 2 days ago, and it says it is compatible if purchased after January 2013, which it is.

I am very frustrated because until I had to buy a new PC (my old one croaked) which has windows 8, I used to use Roxio video lab 10 with no problems, and having to purchase this software only to have it not work at all totally sucks.

Can anyone out there give me some advice on how to do the simple thing of just burning a video file to a DVD?

Thanks!

:)

7 answers to this question

Hello,

Did you purchase that download from Roxio or from some other vendor? 10.3.104 is the previous version of Easy CD & DVD Burning, and I had mine in April 2010

post-208-0-95434800-1389473587_thumb.jpg

It would appear that you've been sold an old version which, when it was released, had only just been modified to work with Windows 7. I don't believe version 10.3.104 is Windows 8 compatible.

The current version is version 14

post-208-0-00059500-1389474076_thumb.jpg

Please be aware that version 14 does not handle MP4 files, nor does it handle a number of the most popular AVI formats. It has been cut down from Creator 2012 to disable those formats. The following screenshot shows the input formats from Creator 2012, with the input formats from version 14 below.

post-208-0-22192400-1389474377_thumb.jpg

You may consider that even version 14 will not fulfil your needs. :(

Regards,

Brendon

Seriously, they sold me an OLD version??

I received an email directly from Roxio promoting their product, clicked on it, and downloaded the software 2 days ago from the digital river download manager the link directed me to.

So are you saying that even the NEW version of this software will not allow me to take a regular movie file in .AVI or .mp4 ect and make a DVD that will play on any DVD player?

If you got version 10.3.104 then you have been given the wrong version. It's probably a mistake by an employee at Digital River, because doing that deliberately would cause an uproar.

Please contact Digital River, and please feel free to point them to this topic if you feel it can add any authority to your request for the proper version - if you still want it.

Yes, as you can see the new version of this software doesn't handle a lot of the more popular video and audio formats [neither did the old version] when making a Video-DVD playable on any player. It might be worth your while getting a refund and buying a version which will handle the formats you want.

Regards,

Brendon

You quoted me in your first post but don't seem to understand what I said...

IT IS NOT

the format of the file nor

the size of the file...

It is the Resolution of the file, and The 'Red Box' version WILL NOT do HD video

I can add any DivX or MP4 file I want to as long as the Resolution is SD:

DivX:

post-39730-0-42962500-1389529498_thumb.jpg

MP4:

post-39730-0-90972400-1389529495_thumb.jpg

But as Brendon pointed out, the software must match your needs. So take a minute and look through the files you are interested in and let us know what they are. Then you will be able to work with customer service to get what you need ;)

If you got version 10.3.104 then you have been given the wrong version. It's probably a mistake by an employee at Digital River, because doing that deliberately would cause an uproar.

Please contact Digital River, and please feel free to point them to this topic if you feel it can add any authority to your request for the proper version - if you still want it.

Yes, as you can see the new version of this software doesn't handle a lot of the more popular video and audio formats [neither did the old version] when making a Video-DVD playable on any player. It might be worth your while getting a refund and buying a version which will handle the formats you want.

Regards,

Brendon

I've already emailed digital river.

I have no idea about if it is a "red box" or not, because as I said, I downloaded it, there is no box.

the reason I'm posting for help is because it will not let me add ANY file, no matter what resolution, format, size, it just doesn't matter.

I understood you fine, I'm just saying that I cannot add ANY kind of video file.

So what does it support to convert to a DVD then??

It is a Mouse Click for them, not like someone walking down an aisle and pulling a box off the shelf and READING a LABEL...

Meaning, the same mistake twice is not unheard of. (clearly these folks are not up to Amazon Standards :lol::D:lol: )

The 10.3.104 was current from about 11/2009 through 7/2013!

Last July it was replaced with the Version 14 (14.0.49.2;5.0.0.0 ~ as Brendon showed in Post #2)

But think about this: It isn't going to do HD, Ever!

Even the movies off of your phone are better quality than it can do... Now you could lower the quality by using one of many free converters available but consider that it is time to decide if your requirements will ever be met using this software???

Or it is time to get a refund and order one of the Creator Suites, like NXT2 or the Pro version???

We would be glad to point this topic out to Cust Service to at least get you the right version if you like...

Please advise -_-