• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

NMC

The Current Production Is Empty Or Contains Invalid Files.

Question

So I bought Creator NXT 2 since Creator 2012 wasn't working on my new computer that has windows 8 and the same problem is happening. I get the message, "the current production is empty or contains invalid files". Any advice? I hope the screen shots helps.post-117002-0-51595100-1389676080_thumb.png

post-117002-0-68015300-1389675980_thumb.png

13 answers to this question

Anyone else having this problem? Also can you see the screenshots I posted?

Yes, we can see your pictures which don't tell us much. How about describing what you are trying to do, what you are doing and what is happening.

1) If what you are showing in the image above with the error message, be aware that Roxio has never been backward compatible friendly. If that project was started in an earlier version, it probably may not work there. Also remember that the project only contains the directions to making a video. It does not contain any resources like the video or the images.

2) Follow these directions to give us the information on your computer that will be helpful. The directions were for Windows 7 and I don;t know if there is a way of doing that in W8 but from the image, I guess there is.

I started a new project under Creator NXT2. Basically what I'm trying to do is make a highlight video of my nieces basketball game. I'm importing the videos from my HD Sony Handycam. The videos are MTS. So when I try to put the videos onto the timeline with videowave, that message pops up, "the current production is empty or contains invalid files". This was happening when I was using Creator 2012, and was told that 2012 wasn't compatible with Win 8. So I bought Creator NXT2 because it was compatible, however, the same issue is happening. When I go to edit the video (for example when I'm triming the video) I see the video working, but, there is no sound that goes with the video. When I play the video with VLC I can see the video and hear the sound. When I go back to the timeline view, all I see is a black screen like the one behind the error message from the first screenshot.

I hope I did this right

System Information

------------------

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_gdr.131030-1505)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: MSI

System Model: MS-7816

BIOS: BIOS Date: 09/23/13 10:04:16 Ver: 04.06.05

Processor: Intel® Core i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8120MB RAM

Page File: 1956MB used, 7443MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.16384 64bit Unicode

No, you didn't follow the instructions correctly. You were supposed to post the text file from that evaluation; just not the first page. DO NOT POST THE FULL OUTPUT. Read the instructions again on how to make a text file and post that.

Try using Video Copy and Convert to convert the mts files to mpg2. If that fail use a free video converter. Check with Cnet to get one that has the functions you want. I use Any Video Converter" because it will do a batch convert. The free copy is all you need.

Let us know if the program works after the original files are converted.

Yes, your did the dxdiag thing correctly.

You have the newest video drivers. There is another video editing program that I know of that has issues with the newest drivers. If the converter doesn't work, you might try to install an older drive - say one from 6 months ago or so. Unless you are a gamer, you will not lose anything.

ok so I just tried to export the production just to see what happens. When I exported the video, it made a mp4 and the funny thing is, it worked. So I can't preview the video on the timeline when I'm trying to add effects and transitions, however, when I export the video, it works with sound. I will try converting the videos to see if that helps with the timeline problem, but at least I know I can export it. I just hope I can solve the timeline problem. It would be nice to see what I'm creating before I export it.

Edited by NMC

I tried making a slideshow and apparently I still can't preview the production. So it's not just happening with the videos, but now it's also happens as I try making a slideshow.

What is the exact name of the program in the suite that you are making the slide show with (poor english) but I wanted to be brief. Use "Edit Video -Advanced" instead of what you are using. I think you rmay be trying to use "Slide Show Assistant". which doesn;t have a timeline.

I tried using "Edit Video-Advanced" and when I put pictures into the timeline, the message "the current production is empty or contains invalid files" pops up. This is with photos. Yeah, I'm getting a little frustrated about the situation and I hope the problems gets resolved because I like Roxio and I enjoyed using Creator 2012 on my old computer (which had Win 7). Hopefully tech support has an answer (although I haven't heard from them since I opened a case which was last Thursday).