• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Transferring Software

DRG

All i want to know is how to take my current version and take it to a new computer if it is possible so i can then upgrade to a new version. Thanks. drg3824@yahoo.com

You have to tell us the correct name of the software you have and then the operating system you want to move the software to?

I would remove your email address before a spam bot grabs it!

All i want to know is how to take my current version and take it to a new computer if it is possible so i can then upgrade to a new version. Thanks. drg3824@yahoo.com

If you have an installer disc, just go and install it on the new computer, as long as it's compatible with the O.S. of the new computer.

If you don't have an installer but want to somehow move your installed version holus bolus to another computer and have it work there, I'm sorry that can't be done.

It's the computer equivalent of an operation to sever all your fingers and toes and then graft them back onto different limbs.

Regards,

Brendon

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. I gotta look to see if i still have the installer disc, otherwise i will probably have to fork over the extra bucks to get the new version. Roxio is the best and i don't wanna lose it.

You still haven't told us the correct name and version number of the software you have and then the operating system you want to move the software to!

I want to sell some older Roxio software that I no longer use but have registered the software with Roxio. I saw the software against my Roxio account and wanted to know if I someone else can re-register that software and the licensing implications of selling software that I uninstalled and is no longer in use by me. Many thanks

I think you'll find that if you sell the pre-loved software you're effectively transferring your licence to the new buyer. [he can now use it, but you no longer can]

The registration is a service provided by the company to guard against you losing your key [and also gives them some sales statistics]. The new owner doesn't have to register the software for it to work.

I guess when it comes to software with activation counters, the new owner might have problems getting Roxio to reset the counter if he/she wasn't the original purchaser.

You have to tell us the correct name of the software you have and then the operating system you want to move the software to?

I would remove your email address before a spam bot grabs it!

I have found the install disc. When i get my new computer, i am changing to a laptop, i will use this disc to re install creator11, then i will purchase the upgrade. I have a nice HP in mind that does everything. This desk top is weak and is a pain. I just didn't wanna lose roxio. I have creator2011 version 131B66E.

I have found the install disc. When i get my new computer, i am changing to a laptop, i will use this disc to re install creator11, then i will purchase the upgrade. I have a nice HP in mind that does everything. This desk top is weak and is a pain. I just didn't wanna lose roxio. I have creator2011 version 131B66E.

Creator 2011 is not W-8 compatible.

Archived