• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Question

Hey there,

First I would like to say if this is in the wrong section, please feel free to reallocate or tell me where this should be posted as I am unsure.

I would like to know if Roxio Creator DE would store information locally on the hard drive if a copy cd to cd was performed from external to internal.

I work with an enterprise group and currently we have data that show not have been copied on the PC that uses Roxio. In doing so we need to know if the information was stored on the local hard-drive on just on the burners (how roxio stores the information to be written). I would really appreciate a quick responce and would like to thank you for your time.

3 answers to this question

Roxio Creator DE is an OEM piece of software that was free with either Dell products or with certain burners. Because it is an OEM version, all support and information must come from Dell. They specified what the capabilities were. For example here.

There are several versions of Creator DE; the last one I saw was 10.3 (or so).

Why use Creator when you should be able to use Windows to copy and store?

Edited by sknis
  • Like 1

Roxio Creator DE is an OEM piece of software that was free with either Dell products or with certain burners. Because it is an OEM version, all support and information must come from Dell. They specified what the capabilities were. For example here.

There are several versions of Creator DE; the last one I saw was 10.3 (or so).

Why use Creator when you should be able to use Windows to copy and store?

Thanks for the information,

Roxio has a better track-record here. I will contact dell :) appreciated.

Chad,

If you can run the program and go to Help > About this software it will tell you what version number it is. I have several DE versions, and can do a disc copy on one of them to see where data are stored on the hard drive during the disc copy process.

What sort of CD are you copying? Data or Audio?

What do you mean by "and currently we have data that show not have been copied on the PC that uses Roxio" ? That isn't clear to me.

Regards,

Brendon