• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

kb16

"there Was A Problem Writing To The Disk"

Question

I have used this Easy VHS to DVD software for about 3 years, with great success. But, at the end of burning almost every disk, I get this message: "There was a problem writing to the disk". When I try to play the disk in my DVD player or computer, it plays, no problem. All disks seem to work in most DVD players. I am currently using Verbatim DVD+R DL, and recording approximately 1hour to 1hour and 15 minutes of old home videos onto each DVD. My burner is TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L633C. Computer is Dell Inspiron, Windows 7, about 4 years old. Why do I get this "problem" message, and should I worry about it?

5 answers to this question

I have gotten that from time to time ~ no fix...

You can remove the device and put in the CD to run a Repair. Might help :unsure:

Thank you for such a quick reply.

I am not quite sure what "remove the device and put in the CD to run a Repair" means, though.

I guess I will not worry about it, as long as the DVDs work. I do know that while exporting to DVD, the process gets to 97% and then stalls for at least 10-15 minutes. So, I think the Problem message has something to do with the finish.

I am VERY happy that Roxio has made this product, and I am working on home videos dating 1987 thru 2009, starting on this three years ago.

Thank you for such a quick reply.

I am not quite sure what "remove the device and put in the CD to run a Repair" means, though.

I guess I will not worry about it, as long as the DVDs work. I do know that while exporting to DVD, the process gets to 97% and then stalls for at least 10-15 minutes. So, I think the Problem message has something to do with the finish.

I am VERY happy that Roxio has made this product, and I am working on home videos dating 1987 thru 2009, starting on this three years ago.

Do you also have the problem when you burn to a standard DVD? I know the video has to be only 60 minutes or so. Perhaps it has something to do with the DL DVDs at the layer switch-over. THere have been lots of problems reported with that situation

I just burned a 1hour 10min video onto a DVD+R single layer, (Memorex, 16X120min), and did NOT get the Problem message, but instead got the green check "project successful" message. I hadn't tried a regular DVD in a couple of years. It still takes a long time to finish after reaching 97%.

I guess I will continue using my double layer DVDs since they actually work, and ignore the problem message. I will also order some Verbatim single layer discs for future.

Thanks so much for your help.