Sign in to follow this  
CmoIsDaNam3

Can't Record 60Fps On Xbox 360

Question

I have been using my Roxio game cap for the Wii (Because you can do that. lol) but I recently got Xbox Live Gold again and I wanted to see if I could record to 60 frames per second from my Xbox 360, for some reason, its not letting me do this, I've been seeing countless forum posts of people being able to record 60 fps, but I can't do it, it records at half the frame rate, 29.97, I want it to record at 60 (I guess technically 59.94) but I have no idea how to or if it can even do that with HDMI.

Also, when I record on Wii, it gives me 59.94, and not 29.97, anybody know why this is? Thanks.

~Cmo

8 answers to this question

you can capture 60 fps on the xb1 i play bf4 but you have to use other software like xsplit or obs and they have options to enter in your own fps hope this helps i capture in 720 60 fps check out my youtube warcrimes productions

You are chasing numbers you know nothing about ;)

30P is EQUAL to 60I and Interlaced is used for CRT type TV's or Monitors

THEN it depends on what the GAME is written in... If you have a game that is produced in 720p at 24 fps and you capture could capture it at 1440i and 50 FPS all you get is a file Twice as big as you need because it ends up with 4 of the same frames for every frame being sent :huh:

Roxio has some "smart" circuity to prevent that... It will not allow you to capture at any setting that is greater than what it is receiving -_-

A pretty good explaination of this is found HERE

Then how can Call of Duty Black Ops 2 run at such a low FPS? Call of Duty is KNOWN for 60, which is what I'm getting when I play it but not when I record it.

Plus most Wii games dont run at 60, which is the frame rate the roxio is caping at.

Hello you have to set your XBox 360 to output at 720 then you can record at 59fps if the game supports it like Forza 4

Same capture at different output below

post-114732-0-82284600-1390746154_thumb.jpg

Ps remember if you upload vids to YouTube there always converted to 29fps

Edited by Eyerex

No worries gaming videos do look better at 59fps lovely and smooth just a shame when you upload to YouTube there converted back to 29fps i think Vimeo lets you upload 59fps videos but they don't like gaming videos which is shame

Another way to watch 29fps videos at 59fps is to use SVP SmoothVideo Project

From site

SVP allows you to watch any video on your PC file with frame interpolation (like you can watch it on high-end TVs and projectors). It increases frame rate by generating intermediate animation frames between existing ones to produce very smooth, fluid and clear motion. The technology is well-known for a while ("TrimensionDNM", "Motion Plus", "Motionflow" and others), but now it's available for free to PC users with simple GUI and just a couple of mouse clicks.

Bewared you need a PC with plenty of grunt ie a good GPU and CPU for it to work

Ps use at your own risk as i've only used a few times so a noob when it comes to setup but it sure does look good when running :)