Sign in to follow this  
LarrySW

Purchased Roxio Video Capture Usb- Never Worked. I'm A Pro

Question

I got an advertisement about the Roxio USB hardware/ software solution which spurred a renewed hope.

When I got the product I could never get it to capture. As a Pro in TV production I've used other capturing software so I'm not a newbie.

I recall I was not the only one having problems.

Does the product work now?

Can I upgrade my pc version to a mac version for the same upgrade price?

How do I do that.

Thanks!

Larry

4 answers to this question

You opened yourself for this one.

You posted in Creator NXT2 part of the forum. That program doesn't come with a capture device. Are you sure what you bought? How long ago?

I can tell you that both Creator NXT2 and the one you probably have VHS to DVD that does come with a capture device work very well.

You are joking about a PC version and a MAC version aren't you? The is no Creator MAC version.

Now if you tell use what program you have a do a dxdiag on your computer, we can move this to the proper forum and provide answers.

Just so you know, this is a user to user site and not Roxio/Corel Tech Support or Sales.

You have the latest version for PC. There is no upgrade version for MAC. Whre did you see that there was a newer version coming out? Do you have some inside information?

Where is the dxdiag evaluation I asked for? A pro should know how to get that (if you don't know, the information is here (Link).

For your current version, I bet you plugged in the capture device before you installed the program - did you? If so, then Windows installed the wrong drivers forthe device. It doesn;t work with those drivers.

GO to Windows Device manager, uninstall the two instances ot he USB device , reboot, then run a repair on the program and only THEN install the USB device.

Edited by sknis

Just so you know, the device came out in 2009 and while a lot of people have had trouble, the issues lie with the users, not with the product... -_-

There is a MAC version, LINK, but no "upgrade" for PC to MAC users :(