• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

jDev+

Question

Hi,

I have just received a task, out of my scope so far... Basically I need some info about what Roxio Toast can do.

What my client needs is a CD/DVD:

1. Mac and PC compatible.
  2. Autorun (in possible, all I found about it is for Windows only).
  3. CD Interface, with a media gallery (photos) where the user can click in a item (lets say a label) and the system will ask him for a folder to save it.
  4. Transition effects between screens would be lovely.

Any info is greatly appreciated, thanks!

7 answers to this question

Unfortunately I'm not an expert at how to design the layout of data discs. For a Mac I believe you create a temporary partition and layout everything you want in the Finder. (Toast has an option in the Utilities menu to create temporary partitions) Then unmount the partition and mount it again so everything is saved in that layout. As I vaguely recall the next thing is to drag the contents of the mounted temperry partition to the Toast Data window with Mac & PC selected as the format and select which files are going to be available on the Mac side or the PC side or both. Drag in the additional PC files such as the autorun and mark them as PC-side only. Click the More... button to enable the auto run. There probably are more steps and I may have some of this wrong. If you want you can create a .html file that shows what you want in a browser window, but there is no way to auto launch that file on the Mac side because Apple doesn't allow it.

Sounds too involved for Toast. Toast can make the Mac & PC disc and include an Autorun for the PC side (Mac's don't allow autorun). With some expertise you can create a custom look for the window that appears when the disc is inserted. But the rest is beyond what I've seen Toast do.

Archived