bobbstripower

1St Time Burning Blu Ray

Question

ive been burning standard dvds for years with a 720HD input. I now have a camera witrh 1080p and 1080i and have a blu ray burner and player.I was experimenting with my camera in 720,1080p and 1080i--when I cgo into creator and place all 3 formATS into my project will Roxio10 handle them. also, more importantly actually, could I burn them on a std dvd and stil get HD video out or do I need to buy some blu ray discs--obviously I would choose HD DVD as my output in MyDvd, but I was curious if I could get HD onto a std discs when I google that question I get differing answers thanks a lot as usual

6 answers to this question

There is no Roxio10, 2010? Please use correct names.

AVCHD project is better and can be burned to a standard DVD shorter time limits on the DVD tho.

Buy some Blu-ray disc and use your 1080 from the camera.

thanks yes 2010 sorry ill buy some discs and see what happens.The camera is AVCHD with options for 720,1080i or p--so what youre saying is the HD ,at 1080 will record onto an std DVD, just be shorter, which as i recall is about60 minutes.I have a blu ray burner, but if its still just HD all Im gaining fromblu ray is space and play timeThanks for the response PS I still havent been watch that movie all the way thru,scares the heck out of me

What movie? Why did you post that line?

AVCHD at best quality will hold about 40 minutes of HD definition video. You use a standard disc and a standard burner but you DVD player must be able to lay that format; not all do.

Rewriteable discs come in handy when you are experimenting.

I answered your question about format and Roxio 2010 in your other thread.

cdantek has an icon of Jack Nicholoson in The Shining--im 68 and still havent watched it toi the end.Sorry for the double post but though maybe i had it in the wrong spot.Not to change point, but ive been using Roxio for a longttime and really like it.I think ive got 2010 to where i can use it fairly well.Now that imgoing to start burning 1080 or blu ray, do you think i shoild buy a newer version--i hate learnig lots of things on new software,like Windows 8,but if the new Craetor was failry linear and not a big jump in the How to aspect, id get it thoughts bob

cdantek has an icon of Jack Nicholoson in The Shining--im 68 and still havent watched it toi the end.Sorry for the double post but though maybe i had it in the wrong spot.Not to change point, but ive been using Roxio for a longttime and really like it.I think ive got 2010 to where i can use it fairly well.Now that imgoing to start burning 1080 or blu ray, do you think i shoild buy a newer version--i hate learnig lots of things on new software,like Windows 8,but if the new Craetor was failry linear and not a big jump in the How to aspect, id get it thoughts bob

Do you have a HD TV and BlueRay player? If not then there is no point in burning HD video.

Do you have a HD TV and BlueRay player? If not then there is no point in burning HD video.

I now have a camera witrh 1080p and 1080i and have a blu ray burner and player.