• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Camoflauge_11B

Livestreaming Problems

Question

So I notice that there are a lot of problems with this and to no surprise there are not a lot of answers on how to fix it. Also a lot of people are not understanding what the main problem is. That pinned topic kinda goes into detail, but doesn't fully explain it in lame mans terms so i'm gonna go into detail about this issue.

jtv and twitch used to be one service and now they are making it 2 different sites. Think of it like jtv and twitch were connected by a bridge. We would go to jtv then cross the bridge over to twitch and this is how we were able to stream. They decided by separating jtv and twitch they blew up this bridge. When you go into the settings on roxio the login has Justin tv log in info, NOT twitch. SO WE ARE GOING TO JTV AND WE ARE STUCK THERE.

Our twitch id's are NOT ALLOWED TO ACCESS JUSTIN TV's site and will NEVER be able to. You actually have to make a brand new account for jtv which does us no good since most of us have a following and we do not want to stream to jtv.

Now I know why the new roxio customers are extremely upset by this and are saying false advertisement. This is actually not true, roxio was able to stream to twitch for a while, I did it for just over a year, jtv and twitch decided to make changes and block the cross over.

IT IS UP TO ROXIO TO FIX THIS!!!!!

So now that it is up to roxio to fix this, WHERE THE EFF IS THE PATCH ALREADY!!!!!

Roxio doesn't feel that enough people are complaining about this in order to do something about, in fact they don't even come onto the forums which is mind blowing to me. Here is why not everyone that is a roxio customer isn't on here blowing up the forums.

1) Twitch streamers that have pro accounts (which is paid for by the user) have been grandfathered in for now. Meaning they are still able to cross over the bridge to twitch. This will not be forever! They will soon if not already have blocked them as well, but to the best of my knowledge they are still able to stream.

2) Not every roxio customer streams so they don't even know there is a problem with the product

3) Not every roxio customer uses roxio to stream, they use it as a capture card and use other programs like xsplit or obs to broadcast, so they don't even know there is a problem either.

Now it's easy to say just use those programs for now, in fact roxio customer services has said this as well, simply mind blowing lmao. Not every person has a rigged up pc where we can run these resource hogs at once. I used to do this with happauge and xsplit, but took a big hit in quality which is why, and others, have bought this product being all in 1. Now my quality improved greatly and I am happy with roxio, until now.

This seems like such an easy fix, roxio needs to contact twitch and say, Hey! SInce this change you have caused major problems with our customers, how do we direct them directly to your site. Twitch says, this is how! Roxio then patches and there we go, we are back in business.

I am sure that people that monitor these forums have some access to the company people and should have been talking to them already, but it doesn't seem this is the case. I hope this posting gets pinned for everyone to see and I hope with me explaining this better that everyone has a better understanding of what has happened and I hope roxio will actually do something about it. I am gonna go above and beyond to contact roxio's higher ups about this, the 1st tier of customer service is the worst I have ever seen and I am glad I never have to deal with them, but I clearly need to find a way to go higher up the ladder for this issue. I will come here and update everything I do.

​​​TRUE STORY!!!!​​​

I contacted the 1st tier and mentioned this problem and they wanted me to pay $25 for them to help me. I said I don't need help personally, me and others are all having the same problem and you can't solve this problem on a case by case basis. But, I am a man of my word, I would be more than happy to pay the money if, and only if, you are able to get me live streaming, if you can't then you don't get paid. I think this was a fair offer, but of course they did not want to spend another second on the phone with me lmao.

You've never worked in a Corporate Inviroment...

One of the most frustrating for a conscientious programmer is to be continually turned down for projects to clearly needs to be done :huh:

When you get a 'NO' there are only 2 choices:

Argue and be Fired

Quit

That is the way it works :unsure:

One of my favorites was a letter concerning my suggestion that stated, "Thank you but we prefer not to increase our efficency at this time" :lol:

Well this stinks, maybe consider retrieving a refund at this point? Actually might be too late for that...hmmm fudge.

I agree! This product is a Cash Cow for Roxio, one would think it would be worth a few bucks to keep it viable :huh:

Ask them about a refund, if it starts costing them money, maybe they will wake up :lol: Here is a LINK

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Just tried to add the Roxio gamecap HD PRO as a camera and it says I need a personal or premium licence to do this.. thats annoying :S

Update: Alternatively:

[/media][/media]

Download is here: https://docs.google....YjhadndPRjB4aVk

I have had no luck yet from using this method but you guys might as well give it a try :)

Edited by LJMnx

I do not believe you ''found'' it, actually Xsplit works with all capture cards its just video software just like videowave is, to be honest there are already Videos on youtube about this as people mainly use Xsplit and OBS which you could use aswell to livestream, you have just simply just recreated a video that was already existing :lol:

I guess it can help out some people with you posting it here, but for the people that actually NEED to do livestreaming, would have already came across either OBS (Open Broadcast Software) or XSplit by now.

Alternatively you could do what LJMnx has done, but a lot of people have complained about the lag before. My specs are not high enough on this computer to test it to see if its something to do with specs, but hey ho

Edited by Hazard93

no Jim, Xsplit has worked all along as far as i know, as i said i have tested and it works, but i get major lag due to my specs, i paid for my xsplit because i will be using it in future events, but for people who want to go free then the screen region would be the choice, but as you can tell from the video, theres a lot of lag so maybe someone with high specs could test that and see if its the same for them.

no Jim, Xsplit has worked all along as far as i know, as i said i have tested and it works, but i get major lag due to my specs, i paid for my xsplit because i will be using it in future events, but for people who want to go free then the screen region would be the choice, but as you can tell from the video, theres a lot of lag so maybe someone with high specs could test that and see if its the same for them.

Thanks Hazard!

Alright gang, the gauntlet is down, who will rise to the challenge :lol:

Remember, a workaround that only works for some users is not a fix. It is good that some people can finally stream, but the vast majority still cannot.

I have a high-end system, and the OBS solution does not work for me, nor does the XSplit solution, even if I change my GFX card's render settings.

I am sending mine back this week. I purchased this month thinking I could use the livestream feature. Also the attitude of some of the moderators/big posters on here is disgusting. As a Moderator you show some kind of representation of the Company. It makes my opinion even worse than it already was about Roxio reading some of the responses from them. Not just this post but other posts I have read.

Edited by Pompano21

I am sending mine back this week. I purchased this month thinking I could use the livestream feature. Also the attitude of some of the moderators/big posters on here is disgusting. As a Moderator you show some kind of representation of the Company. It makes my opinion even worse than it already was about Roxio reading some of the responses from them. Not just this post but other posts I have read.

Wrong!

We don't work for Roxio and only come here to try to help people get things going. Someone from Roxio would be clearly identified and it is extremely rare for any to come here.

I can't speak for all, but I will not waste my time with some of the ungrateful clowns that post here with an attitude ;)

You are not one of them but there have been some real world class jerks in the gaming sections :lol:

(there have been some in the other forums but really only one or 2 in a year)

I have formed a pretty low opinion of gamers from experience in this forum -_-

i agree with Jim, when i first came here i was kind of in the same boat as you Pompano, but then i realised that the helpful guy's here on the forum are actually just normally guys like anyone else on the forum, they simple come here and share the thoughts and help as many people as they can, and get them on there own 2 feet, and i respect that.

I have never been spoken to in a rude manor because i am one of many who show respect to get that respect returned, but some people here have a go at the helper because they think there simply roxio workers.

That shows that i and others included, do sometimes jump the gun.

If i was as intelligent as some of the big posters here like Jim, then i would not bother helping those who are rude. I would tell them i am no part of the roxio company, and if they continued i would no further guide them, you do see this demonstrated a lot.

Back to topic, i would not blame you if you returned the product, it really just suck that we can not livestream and this has been a hot topic for a while. I do not know where this will end up and i am pretty sure that no one else here,knows exactly where this is going to end, but i know one thing for sure, they need to pull there head's out the butts and get it sorted asap because they are loosing custom.

Edited by Hazard93

XSplit does indeed work, but with some issues:

1) Only the registered version has support for the device

2) support IS buggy and the sound lags on some versions of the software, regardless of your hardware.

Solution: DO NOT use the newest version of the XSplit software, the newest version will lag sound regardless of what you do.

Download version 1.2, and on running cancel/reject all updates.

If you STILL get lagging sound running 1.2, load the roxio capture software and in the options, drop your bitrate to around 8000, and re-run XSplit. That should get it working.

...That's still a whole lot of fiddling that we shouldn't have to do to get the device to do something it promises out of the box.

Results from my experimentation here: http://www.twitch.tv/mentski/profile

RoxioProducts

Live Streaming Update: We've been working with Twitch to get the problem with live streaming fixed. We're happy to let you know that the fix will be posted on our site within days. We're very sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. It's on its way and we'll post here again when it is on our site for download.

Edited by Shalashaska

RoxioProducts

Live Streaming Update: We've been working with Twitch to get the problem with live streaming fixed. We're happy to let you know that the fix will be posted on our site within days. We're very sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. It's on its way and we'll post here again when it is on our site for download.

Read the Comment under the video by RoxioProducts, Shalashaska linked in his post.

Sorry for not being around keeping you guys informed on what has been happening with this whole issue. I wanted to start off by saying live streaming does in fact work !!!

Open up roxio > click help > check for updates and wait for a few > then download !!! I just tested it out and I am back up and running.

I wanted to say that I contacted Corel and spoke to their support and they were not willing to look into because they said it's not a programming issue which made me scream at them. Anyways after fully explaining everything, pretty much exactly what I posted originally on here, they finally agreed to have someone look into it. I contacted them a few days later and they said they see the problem and should be working on it which obviously they did.

So roxio is working again and if people are still having problems please keep posting about it, but like I said I just did a test run and it 100% works THANK GOD!!!!

Yup, have just got the update myself... well

If you was the one who made them realise and pushed it forward then sir... i love you! hahaa

To be totally honest i wasnt someone who really bothered with it as i would always use XSplit because of the multiple things you could do, but i must say, i will be using this now and again :) well done!

yeah I am sure I wasn't the only one that made it possible. I am sure that with all the complaints coming from every direction that when I made them look into it i'm sure they saw a bigger complaint base. I am glad that they stepped up and everyone is u and running.

Yeah xsplit allows to do things that roxio won't allow like effects and cams etc. Some people like myself don't have a super pc that can run these big programs at once, like I said I used to do it but took a big hit in quality. That's why I bought roxio because it was all in 1 and now my quality has improved very nicely.I hope roxio makes a patch so we can add cams and effects to make our channels even more exciting.

Last night I was able to put in a full night of streaming and my viewers were so excited to finally have me back and I had a blast.