• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Dan Mancuso

Mac Blu Ray Player

Question

Does Toast or another Roxio product come with software to watch blu ray discs on a Mac? I have an external blu ray player/burner and want to watch a disc on the Mac. Thanks,

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Toast has a Roxio Video Player in its Extras menu that plays non-commercial Blu-ray discs. It cannot play the ones you buy. Check macupdate.com for software that can play commercial Blu-ray discs on a Mac.

There are some software solutions out there, but I haven't tried most of them myself (I'm sure a helpful spammer will come along hawking their wares shortly). First of all, there is some support for BluRay discs in VLC but not commecial ones for decryption codes. It might be worth a shot, but not recommended. Another option is to buy third party Blu-ray playback software like Macgo Mac Blu-ray Player, which has already updated to support the new Yosemite 10.10.3.

Does Toast or another Roxio product come with software to watch blu ray discs on a Mac? I have an external blu ray player/burner and want to watch a disc on the Mac. Thanks,

I've used VLC, Roxio and Macgo, and all work OK, except for the fact that the menus don't display as they do on a standalone blu-ray player, e.g., you don't see the names of the chapters, only a numerical list.