• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
tdexterssr

Sonic dvdit pro v6

Question

Looking for a mor powerful software to create dvds that are a mix of pictures and video. I thought roxio and sonic had joined forces but am looking for someone that has had experience with DVD'IT PRO v6. Is it realy much better that creater8 0r 9.? Appreciate you input. Thanks Ted in carolina

3 answers to this question

Looking for a mor powerful software to create dvds that are a mix of pictures and video. I thought roxio and sonic had joined forces but am looking for someone that has had experience with DVD'IT PRO v6. Is it realy much better that creater8 0r 9.? Appreciate you input. Thanks Ted in carolina

I have DVDit and love it. Is it better than EMC? In some things it does, it certainly is and should be. It's a dedicated DVD authoring program. EMC is a suite of products and VW and MyDVD do some of the things DVDit does. I don't think it would be fair at all to compare the 2 programs. If you need to create dvd's consisting of video and slides, either should do a very good job for you.

Looking for a mor powerful software to create dvds
Depends on your definition of 'more powerful'. DVDit Pro can do everything that MyDVD can do and then some. DVDit gives the user TOTAL control over button navigation. For example, when the viewer presses the UP arrow on the remote, DVDit gives you control over what is 'up'. If I remember correctly, DVDit also uses standard PhotoShop .psd files for the menu templates so you could easily create your own in PhotoShop.

I've used both. For quick menu creation, I'll use MyDVD 9. If I'm doing something really special, I'll use DVDit.

Edited by ggrussell

I create narrated slideshows and was quite please with the "motion" effects (pan and zoom) of EMC7.5. I needed multiple language tracks and bought DVDit Pro.

I was dissapointed that the native "slide show" in DVDit Pro did not support motion effects. So I have to go though a two step process to first render the video portion in one program then add the audio tracks in another. So, as was previously said. Depends on your definition of more powerful. Some things DVDit Pro are better some things DVD Builder from EMC7.5 are better. I'd love to have the one program from sonic that does motion and multiple language.