• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

ThePad

Bluray Burn Error: Project_Buildtodevice() Authorscript Call Failed. Error While  Writing Format

Question

I have been burning Bluray discs with virtually no problems for more than 18 months using MyDVD in Roxio Creator 2011 Pro. As a general rule I burn all my projects to Panasonic BD-RE discs and up until now that has worked very well.

I have a reasonably good performance PC running Win 7 64 bit, Core i7 CPU, 8Gigs Ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti graphics card, 500+ Gigs free disc space.

A couple of weeks ago the LG Bluray burner in my PC died, so I replaced it with another LG burner. Since then I get the error message "Project_BuildToDevice() AuthorScript call failed. Error while Writing Format" whenever I try to burn a Bluray disc.

This error happens regardless of how complex or simple the project is. I've tried complex projects, but it also happens on tests that I have made with very short clips of only 30 seconds with no transitions, effects etc, etc.

I made sure that the firmware for the new burner was up to date, but that didn't help.

I have also tried changing the render options from Hardware to Software but that does not solve the problem.

The only thing that works is to output the project as an ISO file, and then burn it to Bluray using the ISO burner in Roxio Creator 2011 Pro.

I know this has been a long running problem, but I hope this thread might add something to the discussion. In my case at least this seems to be a hardware issue given the I had no problems with my previous bluray burner. Perhaps some kind of conflict between MyDVD and the burner.

One thing that I have noticed is that when I click on the "Erase Disc..." button in the "Burn Project" dialog box it takes just about 5 seconds to erase a previously used BD-RE disc. With the old burner it would take between 30 and 50 seconds. However using the ISO burn tool in Creator 2011 Pro the erase time is again about 30 to 50 seconds. So I'm wondering if this error might result from the erase function in MyDVD not working properly with the new Bluray burner.

It is a real pain not being able to burn directly to BD discs, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by ThePad

14 answers to this question

It may be a pain but in the long run you are better off. You can review the ISO on your computer using VLC or mounting a virtual drive to make sure it is OK before you burn and waste a disc.

Sorry, it is a glitch in the program that has not been fixed.

• Like 1

I'm curious about the response to the stated problem. How is it there is a "glitch" in the software program after replacing a Bluray burnerb, especially the same brand? Does this mean that whenever a burner is replaced one would get an error message as described in this post.

• Like 1

I'm curious about the response to the stated problem. How is it there is a "glitch" in the software program after replacing a Bluray burnerb, especially the same brand? Does this mean that whenever a burner is replaced one would get an error message as described in this post.

What don;t you understand in the response? It is a software problem that has nothing to do with the burner. Changing out the burner and even the computer will not solve a software problem.

The problem is the error posted by the original poster and has nothing to do with erase speed,, burner firmware, type of nlu ray , etc.

The work around works as the original poster indicated.

• Like 1

What don;t you understand in the response? It is a software problem that has nothing to do with the burner. Changing out the burner and even the computer will not solve a software problem.

The problem is the error posted by the original poster and has nothing to do with erase speed,, burner firmware, type of nlu ray , etc.

The work around works as the original poster indicated.

Yes - I tend to agree that it is a software problem. However, I also think that it is highly significant that the problem has only reared it's ugly head when the burner was swapped out. In my view that is a pretty strong indication that there is glitch in the software relating to how it communicates with hardware. The software will work with some hardware - but not others. There has to be a reason for that.

The fact that the "erase" behaviour has changed I think is also significant. Again it is an indication that the software is behaving differently with the new hardware. Again there must be a reason for that.

The fact that I replaced the burner with the same make has little to do with it really - apart from indicating that the software worked properly at one time. Despite being from the same manufacturer there are likely to be many differences between the two burners given the original was purchased over eighteen months ago, and it isn't the same model.

As for the "work around" - it is extremely wasteful of time and very, very, frustrating. It is incredible that Roxio haven't got to the bottom of this problem given how long users have been reporting it.

Edited by ThePad

Yes - I tend to agree that it is a software problem. However, I also think that it is highly significant that the problem has only reared it's ugly head when the burner was swapped out. In my view that is a pretty strong indication that there is glitch in the software relating to how it communicates with hardware. The software will work with some hardware - but not others. There has to be a reason for that.

The fact that the "erase" behaviour has changed I think is also significant. Again it is an indication that the software is behaving differently with the new hardware. Again there must be a reason for that.

The fact that I replaced the burner with the same make has little to do with it really - apart from indicating that the software worked properly at one time. Despite being from the same manufacturer there are likely to be many differences between the two burners given the original was purchased over eighteen months ago, and it isn't the same model.

As for the "work around" - it is extremely wasteful of time and very, very, frustrating. It is incredible that Roxio haven't got to the bottom of this problem given how long users have been reporting it.

The workaround is not wasteful of time and is the preferred (and more reliable) method of creating a disc.

The workaround is not wasteful of time and is the preferred (and more reliable) method of creating a disc.

Well I think it is wasteful of time - effectively you have to perform the Write Format twice.

Regardless of that, the only reason it is the "preferred" method is because Roxio haven't sorted the bug out. Just one of many I should add. :rolleyes:

Well I think it is wasteful of time - effectively you have to perform the Write Format twice.

Regardless of that, the only reason it is the "preferred" method is because Roxio haven't sorted the bug out. Just one of many I should add. :rolleyes:

Have you ever tried it? Do you understand what the process is intended to do? Do you even have the program? Please answer all those questions?. :angry:

It is evident that you don't know anything about using the program and really only want to rant. I know you will come back and insist that I am being rude and arbitrary.. Make sure you report this to a moderator. Do it without curse words or your reply will be deleted as part of the forum rules.

Almost all the time to make a disc is to encode the videos while creating the menus. Burning the disc is a very short process;. ( What this does is simply separate the time consuming process from the short time process..

I agree that it is a long standing glitch in the program that Roxio did not fix. Please remember that this is a thread about 2011. Since then there has been 2012, NT and NXT2. It will probably never be fixed.

Edited by sknis

Obviously you know nothing about the program or how to do a proper DVD burn. The Write process is only performed once. I and many others have been using this process since version EMC 7 so it has nothing to do with any bug

I bow to the awesome knowledge of the Digital Gurus'. I humbly beg forgivness for daring to be a bit annoyed that Roxio software is loaded with bugs which they either can't, or don't want to fix.

I may not know as much as you do about it - but that is not a good reason to be unpleasant. Perhaps both of you should refrain from commenting if you can't do it in a reasonably civil fashion.

Edited by ThePad

You are Four Version behind in your software and made an equipment upgrade that started a problem in software that hasn't been produced for over 2 1/2...

You don't "like" the solution that was given to you which allows you to complete your project...

And you don't "like" the people who came to your rescue because they pointed out you lack of knowledge about these matters when you elected to argue about their advice and solution...

Any I left out? :huh:

I bow to the awesome knowledge of the Digital Gurus'. I humbly beg forgivness for daring to be a bit annoyed that Roxio software is loaded with bugs which they either can't, or don't want to fix.

I may not know as much as you do about it - but that is not a good reason to be unpleasant. Perhaps both of you should refrain from commenting if you can't do it in a reasonably civil fashion.

Those two folks gave you good advice and offered an explanation of what occurs during the encoding and burn process, and why it does not take more time to SUCCESSFULLY complete the process of a working BD disc. You were annoyed at their responses. They weren't the unpleasant ones in this thread. You were.

Edited by grandpabruce

I have been burning Bluray discs with virtually no problems for more than 18 months using MyDVD in Roxio Creator 2011 Pro. As a general rule I burn all my projects to Panasonic BD-RE discs and up until now that has worked very well.

ThePad

BD-RE media like DVD-RW & CD-RW media has and can be a problem. A full erase in other programs has at times fixed things for me.

I would try another BD-RE disc or try a BD-R. The Panasonic BD-RE disc is the only variable left in the equation.

The point of all of this is the rendering time and the burn time is and should be the same no matter either way you do it.

I will agree with the others, I render to a image file or folder set before burning to disc because I mainly burn to write once R media and want to make sure everything is OK so I don't waste a R disc.

I still run Creator 2011 Pro on a W-7 Ultimate image.

You are Four Version behind in your software and made an equipment upgrade that started a problem in software that hasn't been produced for over 2 1/2...

You don't "like" the solution that was given to you which allows you to complete your project...

And you don't "like" the people who came to your rescue because they pointed out you lack of knowledge about these matters when you elected to argue about their advice and solution...

Any I left out? :huh:

First - nobody "gave" me a solution - read the OP and you will notice I found the solution for myself. Nobody "came to my rescue". That is just laughable.

Second - from the so called advice posted it would appear that the most up to date version of the software still carries the same flaw. So what is your point?

Third - I don't mind somebody pointing out that I may be lacking in knowledge - in fact I would welcome that. However I do have a big problem with the way that was said. I made no unpleasant remarks to anyone. The worst I did was to express my annoyance with Roxio software. The responses by sknis and mygugi were highly condescending and had more to do with belittleing than informing or helping. Compare their responses with that of cdanteek who has made a constructive suggestion in a polite and friendly way.

I had hoped for a conctructive discussion - but apparently that isn't likely to happen here. When you give advice but preface it with comments that boil down to "you are an idiot" - nobody is going to take kindly to it.

Edited by ThePad

So what did he say that was a different solution than what was posted above? If you would have accepted it and not started ranting about Roxio products being full of bugs (changing the subject), the whole thread would have been shorter and many of us would have been happier. :o:P