• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Carl A

Echo In Audio After Usb Video Capture Running

Question

Well back again. Have uninstalled my Roxio NT2 Pro using Revo as suggested but after reinstallation have same problem. After running capture "Video Wave" for a while the audio begins to echo (best description). Have used both my USB 2 and USB 3 ports. Am runnin an HP computer with windows 8.1 Pro (had same problem with 8 Pro) with 8 GB memory, a quad processor, 64 bit system. Have also had a problem with program stopping and restarting capture with no intervention on my part. Seems I have eliminated everything but my Video capture device (Roxio UB3 15E). Also after reinstallation none of the desktop icons showed up. I have been able to find and make shortcuts for everything but the ROXIO Suite "Big R" icon.

HELP!

Not on my Win 8 but the Shortcut for the big 'R' is located here on my Win 7:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio Creator NXT 2\Roxio Central\RoxioCentralFx.exe"

Please give me a little description of your steps, include length of time (+ or -) and I will try to duplicate this...

Since last night I dd a recover since the "fix" I did before did not work and the Revo may have done some strange things to my system. But here goes:

Windoes 8.1 Pro OS on an HP Quad AMD processor with 8GB memory.

Shut down Windows Defender; inserted Roxio NXT2 Pro disc (Had Roxio 2012 installed already and had some of the same problems); went through instillation process; did a restart and attempted to record from VHS player (have checked it out and no problem); encountered various problems as follows: video record skips; video record may stop and start recording by itself; sound sometimes has sort of a pop in the speech; sound and video will record OK and then it will start to echo more like a do loop; tried the USB video capture device (Roxio) in my USB 2 and USB 3 ports...no change; tried to send video through USB capture device and audio directly to computer through mic jack (no audio but video OK);

After last posting a while back to which it was suggested that I use REVO to uninstall to make sure all bits and pieces of the program were removed, I did exactly that and removed ALL the programs that were installed by ROXIO and the "extras" that were on the disc; Shut down Defender and reinstalled Roxio but had same problems plus a few more with other programs; since no gain I did a "recover" back to before I used REVO and I am now back to the same state of affairs only my "other" problems went away and the big "R" and all shortcuts are bact to the way they were. Just tried to do another record but poping/skipping in audio was too much and I shut down the process. I have checked out the tape, the vhs recorder/player and all works well. It is either the capture device or some incompatability with windows 8.1 Pro. I also checked Roxio web site and downloaded the new (Jan 2014) driver for the capture device. Same problem.

Hope this explains the problem.

Carl A

OK lets start by keeping in mind that Creator 2012 is NOT Win8 certified and does not work :huh:

Revo should ONLY be run in Moderate Mode... If you choose more you will soon be formating your drive -_-

Popping may be a setting you have selected in your sound card. Audio and Video cards should always be left at Default, when you fiddle with the settings, you throw reliability out the window :lol:

There is no issue with recording on Win 8...

Creator 12 no longer vn computer

REVO was run in moderate mode as suggested previously

did not change settings on sound card and settings as were installed by HP at factory

thanks for the suggestions but none apply. I guess I will have to try and get a replacement video capture device---it does run hot.

to answer a previous question....problems are randon in time and what happens.

Runs without issue on my Win 8's just did 2 hours of recording yesterday...

Come back when you are willing to work on this -_-

I guess I will have to try and get a replacement video capture device---it does run hot.

They all run hot. They have at least two computer chips in them, and they're current-hungry little devices.

Did another uninstall last night and also removed all associated software such as smartsound Sonicfire Pro 5.8 (also old ver 5.0), iZotope; Unified HDR Express 2; etc that come with the instillation discs. I also checked to see if there were any folders left on the computer for any of these programs...NO. Used Total Defense PC Tuneup and my Malware software to check discs. Did a complete reboot after each uninstall and after each check for malware or the tuneup. Shutdown the Windows Defender when doint the install. Note that the malware software was not present on previous uninstalls and reinstalls. Have not messed with audio settings

I have a Live Cam installed and a Nvidia GeForce video card with 2 GB Ram.

Here are my problems:

1. after a period of time the sound starts echoing like audio feedback/reverb (may strat right away or after an hour)

2. capture will reset to zero and start recording by itself

3. when it restarts by itself the audio may be clear for a while

4. video can sometimes be jerky

I have used a Pinical software and capture device (Feb 2004 model) on an XP computer and have successfully captured the video with no problem.

I have Windows 8.1 PRO OS; 8 GB Ram; an AMD Quad Core Processor (A10-5700); Beats audio came with the HP installed.

I really doubt it is a ROXIO problem although it may be a compatability probles as HP (as do others) put on "their" windows systems with their own preferences. My wife has Windows 8.1 Pro on an HP but the computer came with Windows 7 on it so the 8.1 Pro is NOT the HP installed version. The user interface is quite diferent in appearance and in some cases how it acts.

I mistakenly said I had previously had Creator Pro 12 installed but it was 11. All remanents of that instillation are gone as far as I can tell.

Used REVO to uninstall NXT2 Pro at one point but with the same problems as before after reinstillation of ROXIO NXT2 Pro.

Note that the VHS video is NOT a copy protected video.

Did another uninstall last night and also removed all associated software such as smartsound Sonicfire Pro 5.8 (also old ver 5.0), iZotope; Unified HDR Express 2; etc that come with the instillation discs. I also checked to see if there were any folders left on the computer for any of these programs...NO. Used Total Defense PC Tuneup and my Malware software to check discs. Did a complete reboot after each uninstall and after each check for malware or the tuneup. Shutdown the Windows Defender when doint the install. Note that the malware software was not present on previous uninstalls and reinstalls. Have not messed with audio settings

I have a Live Cam installed and a Nvidia GeForce video card with 2 GB Ram.

Here are my problems:

1. after a period of time the sound starts echoing like audio feedback/reverb (may strat right away or after an hour)

2. capture will reset to zero and start recording by itself

3. when it restarts by itself the audio may be clear for a while

4. video can sometimes be jerky

I have used a Pinical software and capture device (Feb 2004 model) on an XP computer and have successfully captured the video with no problem.

I have Windows 8.1 PRO OS; 8 GB Ram; an AMD Quad Core Processor (A10-5700); Beats audio came with the HP installed.

I really doubt it is a ROXIO problem although it may be a compatability probles as HP (as do others) put on "their" windows systems with their own preferences. My wife has Windows 8.1 Pro on an HP but the computer came with Windows 7 on it so the 8.1 Pro is NOT the HP installed version. The user interface is quite diferent in appearance and in some cases how it acts.

I mistakenly said I had previously had Creator Pro 12 installed but it was 11. All remanents of that instillation are gone as far as I can tell.

Used REVO to uninstall NXT2 Pro at one point but with the same problems as before after reinstillation of ROXIO NXT2 Pro.

Note that the VHS video is NOT a copy protected video.

Why do you keep on logging on with dfferent user names? It makes it appear as if "someone" is hijacking your thread

Actually there are 2 user names and I accidently used the wrong one a day or so ago. I was afraid it might cause some confusion. Your point is well taken and I will try and use this one from now on.

Sorry for the confusion.

Jim,

Tried it and got similer results. Tried to upload a copy of a short clip but the site said no can do.

I could send it to you if you will tell me how or to where. Note that I did set it up for the video capture card for both video and audio.

Carl (IBA200)

I will see if 8.1 recognizes my old Dazzel PX-M402U (Feb 2004) from Plextor works. If I can get my computer to recognize it then maybe I can eliminate the Roxio USB Capture unit as the problem.

I will see if 8.1 recognizes my old Dazzel PX-M402U (Feb 2004) from Plextor works. If I can get my computer to recognize it then maybe I can eliminate the Roxio USB Capture unit as the problem.

BAD idea! Unless you go to their site and find a Win 8 blessing do not try doing things like this as it can cause problems in the OS that effect other programs... Remember they have not been able to make an OS that it User Proof :lol:

A proper repair would be a good idea:

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your Roxio Capture Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

no update to Win 8.1 so no go with the PX-M402U.

I think I did the proceedure you suggest but will carefully do it again.

Note that I have FIOS and my router comall installed

I will shut down anything on my computer and try again

Will let you know

Thanks for the information. Did all you suggested but the problem still presists. Any further ideas would be appreciated.

I appreciate the help. Is there any way I can elimiate the Video Capture device as the problem, other than buying a new one?

What audio chip/card do you have? Do you have the latest drivers for it? Sometimes a very wide stereo input will sound hollow.

Have you listed to the source to see if the tapes or camcorder are giving you problems?

What antivirus are you using? If you are using an aggressive registry cleaner, those have been problems in the past. I my opinion they are only good for making money for the people who sell them.

Jim,

Tried it and got similer results. Tried to upload a copy of a short clip but the site said no can do.

I could send it to you if you will tell me how or to where. Note that I did set it up for the video capture card for both video and audio.

Carl (IBA200)

In the right format you can upload a 30MB file here.

Just did a temporary install of NXT2 Pro on my XP computer. Used the Roxio Video capture device (UB315-E) and had same problem. SOOOOO it is either the device driver (very doubtful) or the capture device. I have used the Plexor software and device on the XP machine with the same VHS tape and had no problem. My Windows 8.1 Pro machine used Window defender and the XP machine uses WebRoot. Both deactivated for install. Both have totally different processors, audio devices and of course OS. Soooo again, it is either the device driver or the USB Video capture card. I guess I will have to bite the bullet and buy another Video Capture card from ROXIO (about $50) as I am out of options if I still want to use the ROXIO software. Or, use my XP machine and the Plexor capture device (PX-M402U) which do work on my XP machine but it has no Win 8 or 8.1 drivers that I can find. This has been a long and painful experience.

??? So why not install the Roxio Software on this XP PC and see what happens???

Normally the license is a One PC License but for testing purposes, I don't see how that would be a problem ;)

Jim, I guess we crossed posts. That is exactly what I did and got the same results. The Xp and Win 8.1 Pro computers have entirely different processors, motherboards, audio chips, anti-virus software and programs. Since it acted the same on both computers I have uninstalled it from the XP test platform. I just hate to spend the $50 plus to get a new Video Capture device from Roxio but I have eliminated everything else. The Plextor PX-M402U is working fine on the XP with its software but that computer does not have the burn capabilities that the 8.1 computer does (Blu-Ray) and the PX-M402U does not have win 8 drivers nor does the Roxio NXT2Pro recognize the device. I have asked Plextor forum if anyone has an 8.1 or win 8 device driver for the capture device but the only one I could find out there was for Win 7 and people were having problems with it since it is a 32 bit driver. My 8 machine is 64 bit so I did not see much use in downloading the latest Plextor driver and trying it. So that is where I stand right now.

Why don't you capture on the computer that works and move the files to the new computer?

Just as an afterthought I used my Creative video cam to do a capture and no problems. So it is the Roxio Capture device that is the problem.

To answer the question....I do not have my Blu-Ray drive installed in my XP computer and do not really want to move it. I would rather use the Roxio capture software than the Plextor as it does not write Blu-Ray DVDs. I have been researching on line and it would mean that I have to switch to software and find a capture device that is certified for Win 8.1 Pro OS. I think I have found one but it means shifting software and capture devices if I want to use the 8.1 computer and at least an upgrade in software and capture device if I want to have similar capabilities to what Roxio has. Buying a new Roxio capture device is the least expensive option.