Question

I'm not sure whether you guys know this already or not, but there's a cheap way to bypass HDCP on PS3 and PS4. Please don't insult me for being late on this. I used this HDMI splitter for both PS3 and PS4. You'll need an extra HDMI cable, but the setup is simple. PS3/PS4 > HDMI Splitter > Roxio > PC. The nice thing about this is you can take a little stress off the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro by outputting to the TV from the HDMI Splitter. This isn't needed for Xbox 360, you'll still need to set that up normally.

Here is a video example of it being used. I was able to broadcast this to Ustream with the help of XSplit. Since it was XSplit, the quality was downdegraded, but still looks great. This was me playing Battlefield 4 on PS4

4 answers to this question

Did you see the 2nd Pinned Post at the Top???

That was put there at the end of December 2013 along with the caveats that apply to this "solution" -_-

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Yes...I'm confirming you mentioning people suggesting HDMI splitters. Not all HDMI splitters that worked with the PS3 will work with the PS4. Some YouTubers found that out. However, this works and it's fairly cheap. I'm just helping people save money.

Yes, that is in there too but no specific recommendations ;)

A link would have been a nice touch. You did have a link, this dummy just read right over it - sorry -_-

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Ah! Sorry about that. The HDMI splitter I provided works, there are numerous videos on YouTube confirming it works with the El Gato. I took the risk and bought one and it works wondefully. Anyways, one of the HDMI splitters that I know doesn't working is a Sewell 1x2 HDMI splitter. Only know this from watching this YouTube video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DNFdFnhjsY. If this isn't a link you're requesting, I did provide a link to the splitter I bought for anyone who wants to know where/how to get one.