• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

mackado

No Drive Detected

Question

A few days back I had some errors with damaged sectors/Files in my HDD, and lost W7 access to both my DVD-R and DVD-RW drives, after 'chkdsk/f' fixed some issues (also ran SFC/Scannow) I had to remove a couple of lines from the registry (LowerFilters/upperfilters) as instructed by a MS support article and was able to recover both my Drives under W7, they both work fine with iTunes but today I find Roxio Creator 10 can't find my drives now ...

Do I need to do a Roxio re-install?

6 answers to this question

A few days back I had some errors with damaged sectors/Files in my HDD, and lost W7 access to both my DVD-R and DVD-RW drives, after 'chkdsk/f' fixed some issues (also ran SFC/Scannow) I had to remove a couple of lines from the registry (LowerFilters/upperfilters) as instructed by a MS support article and was able to recover both my Drives under W7, they both work fine with iTunes but today I find Roxio Creator 10 can't find my drives now ...

Do I need to do a Roxio re-install?

First try this, Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here

Run it and reboot and see if you have your drives in Roxio?

If not follow this procedure to the 'T', PX Engine Fix, Click here

Let us know how you make out?

First try this, Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here

Run it and reboot and see if you have your drives in Roxio?

If not follow this procedure to the 'T', PX Engine Fix, Click here

Let us know how you make out?

Thanks for the reply. I followed both methods and rebooted, but no luck, on a wild hunch I went back and reactivated/loaded at boot-up ROXIO BURN, -which I had disable long ago- and ran the patch again just in case, reboot, and still No Drive Detected.. double checked various other audio/video software here and they all can detect my drives without problems....so it has to be something with Roxio's files..any other suggestions ? Thanks

You followed this procedure to the 'T', PX Engine Fix????? Didn't add any thing or leave anything out? You made the folder in the root of your C Drive?

It is the only fix I know and it's worked for everyone except two or three that reported it didn't.

A uninstall and reinstall might work.

You followed this procedure to the 'T', PX Engine Fix????? Didn't add any thing or leave anything out? You made the folder in the root of your C Drive?

It is the only fix I know and it's worked for everyone except two or three that reported it didn't.

A uninstall and reinstall might work.

Yes, unless I'm missing something, it seems pretty simple , created 'Fix' folder at root (C:) downloaded patch there, copy your batch file, pasted and launched from W7 'run' which brings up/extracts the root FIX folder and then manually execute .EXE patch from there, patch reports 'completed', reboot and still get Roxio's "no drive detected" error... I guess I'll have to re install Roxio and go thru this lengthy process 'cause I can't figure out what happened..and all this just to do a simple DVD copy...

Thanks for your help..

CDanTeek,

I went back and retraced the same steps on the second method, since before I questioned why the cut and pasted command was taking me back to the FIX folder instead of executing the command, and instead of manually executing the .EXE file from the 'FIX' folder , I manually executed the .BAT file (Px.bat) part of the EXTRACT, and now Roxio detects all my drives, I think the cut and paste command in the instructions should point to the .BAT file instead...maybe after all this years something was changed on the ZIP file....

Anyways it works now ..Thanks for the help...

PS I think is time to start looking into this new Creator NXT 2 version,

Re-read my instructions and re-read what you did!

The fix works when you do it they way I explained.

Edited by cdanteek